• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leave in Primary

Status
Not open for further replies.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
yup i took two weeks before i classed up and it was ok be sure to put your leave chit in right away, i did it the day i checked in

rare21

pilot
Contributor
thats what i've heard, case by case basis. if its a good reason you may get it. otherwise the leave periods are mostly on holidays (thanksgiving and christmas)

rare21

pilot
Contributor
on thanksgiving i think you were allowed from 4-5 days, i'm not really sure, on christmas we had two weeks that we could ask for leave.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
by the time you're in primary, you will have sat around doing nothing for so many days you will not be begging for leave for the smallest thing. all you'll want to do is train.

trust me, getting paid to do nothing sounds sweet, but in reality (in corpus at least) it is far from it.

McNamara

Copilot, actually.
pilot
Maybe I'm just a lazy bastard, but I loved getting paid to exercise with Rescue Swimmers and drink booze in Pensacola. Then along came API and I was actually responsible for stuff. Damn.

Okay, I have some leave questions too. Will they give me any leave for a honeymoon with my wife during primary? IOW how many days will they give me if I have a wedding on a Saturday in Dallas? Will I be able to take leave over a weekend to be my best friend's groomsman in his wedding? If not, will they let me go if I say he's my brother? (we actually are blood brothers, ha ha).

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
Originally posted by McNamara
Okay, I have some leave questions too. Will they give me any leave for a honeymoon with my wife during primary?

I can tell you from experience (we got married during API) that they won't give you leave for a honeymoon. We only went away for the weekend. They even asked my husband if he planned on going away for longer than that, because if so, to change our plans. They really don't like weddings during training- so they aren't the most supportive. Just my $0.02.

Heather

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Primary requires enough of your attention. RUN RUN RUN... Don't get married, quick rn and hide before it is too late!!! LOL

API is a bit more stringent than primary. if you are not classed up yet... no problem... if you are classed up... roll the dice, smetimes people get leave for things you would have never thought they would have.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
If you get married during training and want a honeymoon, plan to get married around Christmas. We were able to take a week trip by doing it that way. (About 10 days total of leave, during advanced, but expect about the same for primary)

Status
Not open for further replies.