• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leave during trainig?

fren8115

I was wondering if anyone remembers how leave/special liberty works during training. I know that the Navy doesn't like to authorize leave, unless it is for an emergency, while a sailor is in a training status. However, training for an NFO is at least a year long.

Is it uncommon for a 3-day (Fri - Sun, back to work on Monday) special libs to be granted while in P-Cola?

Shot in the dark I know, but we will be in FL for a short period of time and My wife (and of course, Myself) wants to go to Mardi Gras. Is this way out of the question???.

I guess it might all depend where you are in your training. Do you get weekends off during that time??

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
No one here is going to be able to tell you if you get leave or not, same thing w/ spec lib. Now, I don't know what the dates are for Mardi Gras, but if they coincide with presidents day then that would be your best bet for a three day weekend. However, don't be pissed if you look on the schedule come friday and you're scheduled over the weekend. That being said you can always try to sniv for it. Think of sniving as asking not to be on the schedule. If they can support it often times they will. I would not have a problem booking a room for that particular weekend, but I would also expect to have to cancel the booking, and be pleasantly surprised if I don't.

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Do they look at the reasons for the leave? I am gettin married on October 24th, maybe if I tell them at the beginning of primary?!

fren8115

Thanks . . . I remember from the Enlisted days in training. Either you have to have a good reason (like your own wedding), or give lots and lots of advance notice. The only difference was that my training was not nearly as long as this one will be.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
No one here is going to be able to tell you if you get leave or not, same thing w/ spec lib. Now, I don't know what the dates are for Mardi Gras, but if they coincide with presidents day then that would be your best bet for a three day weekend. However, don't be pissed if you look on the schedule come friday and you're scheduled over the weekend. That being said you can always try to sniv for it. Think of sniving as asking not to be on the schedule. If they can support it often times they will. I would not have a problem booking a room for that particular weekend, but I would also expect to have to cancel the booking, and be pleasantly surprised if I don't.

In theory good advice, although around here I think the only two times I ever snived I actually got watch (which I never got when I didn't sniv). I think it must come down to whether or not they see your name when they are writing the sked :)

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
In theory good advice, although around here I think the only two times I ever snived I actually got watch (which I never got when I didn't sniv). I think it must come down to whether or not they see your name when they are writing the sked :)

Maybe if you were a bit friendlier with skeds then you wouldn't have had that problem. :eek:

If I had a good reason I would sniv and also talk to skeds so they knew what was up.

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
I'm hoping some leave will be authorized during training. I'm getting my commission shortly and my brother has asked me to commission him this summer when he gets his. I would think I might be able to take some time since I won't have to leave the state to do so.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Do they look at the reasons for the leave? I am hoping to be gettin married on October 24th if they approve my leave, maybe if I tell them at the beginning of primary?! Maybe it will all work out, if the needs of the Navy and my training squadron allow it.
I fixed it for you.