• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

leave during primary

Status
Not open for further replies.

jano

Can anyone tell me what the situation is regarding leave during primary for the birth of a child? I am not sure how primary is structured,so I don't know if you would roll into another class or if everyone is going at their own pace so if you took a few days off you could catch up the next week. This would probably be about 4 to 8 weeks into primary. Thanks.

Reactions: E5B

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
It's called Paternity leave and is 10 days. It's supposed to be automatic as long as you're keeping your command informed. Usually the command might have you fill out leave papers before hand and just hold on to them, it's not usually charged. I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to knock out my last 4 flights in flight school Thurs and Fri and my kiddo is due on the 23, but things have been happening early. As long as she can hold out until Fri evening. It should work out nicely because I don't wing until 13 Jan so I'll have a few weeks to relax and fish....I mean take care of the kids and help the wife-unit.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.