• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leave during Primary/Advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

srqwho

pilot
How does leave work in the middle of primary/advanced? I am thinking that you can't just go on leave for a couple weeks in the middle of one of the phases of school, but I may be wrong. During flight school are you allowed to use your leave in between schools only? Mods move this to stupid questions if it belongs there. Thanks.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
When I did primary, you had to have a really good reason for taking leave outside of the regular Thanksgiving and Christmas leave periods. Like being in a wedding or having someone die.

Policy is the same here in prop advanced. In adv., after you're syllabus complete, you can burn as much leave as you want.

Oh, and in the pool between primary and advanced, seemed like everyone took a bunch of leave.

billiken2002

pilot
It all depends on when where you are in training and what you are asking for as far as leave.

If you are in between API and Primary or in between Primary and Advanced, which probably means you are stashed at the wing. The wing is usually cool with you taking leave while you are stashed, during the week and as much as you want.

If you are in Primary or Advanced, you will probably only get approved for leave on the weekends or holidays. Thanksgiving is usually a 4 day weekend and Christmas is usually 1-2 weeks. Be careful of going in the hole. I know when I was in VT-28, they would not let you go negative, so I only took 4 days for Christmas.

If you are taking leave for extenuating circumstances, such as your wedding or a court date or countless other reasons; if you give your command enough notice, they will usually try and work with you (schedule you on weekends or double pump in order to get ahead).

Status
Not open for further replies.