• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leave and Liberty at NAS Pensacola

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but wondering what the Leave policy is like once you are in Primary/Intermediate at NASP. In this case, possibly for my own wedding. Currently engaged trying to line up a wedding for the Saturday after Thanksgiving (hopefully we get a holiday break of some kind) - does anyone have any experience with requesting leaving from the training wings?

Up at Whiting, I havent' seen it being too much of a problem for you to request a Friday - Sunday for leave. Anything more than that might take a little extra work on your part. The best bet would be for you to plan on doing your wedding BEFORE you class up/check in to the TRAWING/VT. Once training has started, it seems to be a lot harder to find any time off. If that won't work for you, then I suggest lining up your wedding to coincide with a normal 72/96 liberty, such as Memorial Day, the 4th of July, Labor Day, or Thanksgiving. It may be easier for you to add a day on to one of those holidays for you to have a semi-extended period of leave that won't put you behind your peers. I know someone who was married over their Thanksgiving break, and the CoC was pretty supportive. As usual, YMMV.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
Thanks for the heads up - the Saturday after Thanksgiving is what we are looking at, so hopefully I run into a similarly supportive CoC and no scheduling conflicts. Unfortunately I'm still in IFS so I don't even know who to talk to or when would be an appropriate time to have a conversation.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Don't expect anything more then one fly day off- and that might be a battle depending on what part of the year it is. If you get it, don't expect your buddies in their training command to get it as well. A Sat on a holiday weekend should be ok though.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
Thanks Zippy - does anyone know what the usual stand down period is for Thanksgiving at the training wings? My only Thanksgiving in the Navy I was in OCS and we had a full week off - I doubt its that generous down here. Is it Thursday to Sat or possibly longer?

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
Thanks Zippy - does anyone know what the usual stand down period is for Thanksgiving at the training wings? My only Thanksgiving in the Navy I was in OCS and we had a full week off - I doubt its that generous down here. Is it Thursday to Sat or possibly longer?

I think it's typically Thursday-Sunday at CTW-6. Not a lot of time, but better than nothing.