• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leads platoon?

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
If I assumed wrong about the OP's intentions, pay no mind to my posts as most intelligent people do.

As if this sentence needs to even be included in any of your posts... ;)

Just to break it down for your uncultured nastiness, LEAD is for the Enlisted boots running around NASP, not the guys in API. I had gone through it back in the day as a Pvt waiting to class up for the AD school. It has been quite a while, but I do remember knocking out a few MCI's while rocking out to Metallica's One during the breaks (they would pipe the music through the weak sound systems installed in the old buildings and just rattle the windows).

Now, report to your Fireteam leader for an hour of hazing followed by a 300 word essay on the effects of speaking out of your element.

spitfiremkxiv

Pepe's sandwich
Contributor
Not at all, but unless I misunderstood a Marine A-pooler to be talking about exercising leadership at API, my point stands.

You misunderstood. You are (unintentionally) way off topic.

Swanee, you'll be able to get involved in LEAD as you finish up your check in process with Marine Officer Control. Just let them know that's what you want your duty to be while you are waiting to class up. If you offer no preference then you may or may not be assigned a temporary duty. There are a few other temporary billets available that involve leading Marines, and availability largely depends on your expected wait time. Your other options may include EWS, MCMAP, and other PMEs.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Not at all, but unless I misunderstood a Marine A-pooler to be talking about exercising leadership at API, my point stands.

I saw more than one Class at API fall victim to "fire-teams" and other equally nonsensical things. It's gay. Cut that shit out.

If I assumed wrong about the OP's intentions, pay no mind to my posts as most intelligent people do.
Some things never change. When I was in VT-10 in 1983, we had a Marine Capt. who was our class leader. He tried to have morning and evening formations prior to and after class, planned on weekly uniform inspections and wanted us to meet every morning at 0500 for PT & a formation run. We told him to piss off, he tried to pull rank "it's not a request gentlemen, it's an order", we went to VT-10 student control, they told him to piss off, he cried about it for months.

Later we found that all his "gung ho-ness" wasn't even a grunt prior to becoming an SNFO. He was an admin weenie.

Yut Yut.

Reconjoe

In general.....is this one of those Stash jobs with too many TBS grads requesting it and not enough slots, or is it one of those "if you ask for it you'll pretty much get it" sorta things?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
In general.....is this one of those Stash jobs with too many TBS grads requesting it and not enough slots, or is it one of those "if you ask for it you'll pretty much get it" sorta things?

You'll get it if you ask for it. It sounds too much like work though when guys get down here and they reprogram a little bit. Take a week to check in/do nothing, take a week to get your grey belt, and then reassess your desires.

He was an admin weenie.

That is no shit usually who you have to look out for the most on crap like that. I think it's a job related Napoleon complex.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
My class leader in API was a Marine Captain who WAS one of the ground-pounder types. Former engineer who'd served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. This guy was no shit. He was a great leader, set the standard on everything and was a good guy to boot.

He was in the group of us who went to Corpus, and i'm pretty sure he went Ospreys.

Awesome guy. He was tough on us, but I don't think any of us (who were worth a shit, anyways) held it against him. He wouldn't have cared if we did, though :D

MasterBates

He would have been promptly told to "get fucked" by me if it involved anything more than "hey be back in here at 1250" for a 1300 class.

How hard is API? Show up to shit, pass tests, swim, proceed to next level.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
How the hell did this thread come to this? What a shitshow.

Yeah, I had a legit question. People started running their suck when they didn't know what they were talking about.

Otto, you have missed the mark and as a result embarrassed yourself.

Mike, Bird et all. Thanks for the replies gents! S/F