• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leadership in different platforms?

JC52083

We need T-6 Avatars
Lunchbox said:
(Semi-old thread, sorry)

Do F-18 WSOs ever act as mission commanders? I'm wondering about the Marine F-18D WSOs in particular...

And I am wondering about Navy F/A-18F WSOs in particular...:icon_wink

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
JC52083 said:
And I am wondering about Navy F/A-18F WSOs in particular...:icon_wink

I was at VFA-106 today discussing the transition of RIOs to WSOs*. There is more on the plate than ever. Every RIO/WSO strives to be a mission commander and even better is to get the qual as a FAC(A). If the WSO is senior in aircraft, section or division and has qual as a mission commander, you have the dot. Also can be a strike lead running the show for aircraft of several types. All of this should happen by time you are Dept Head if you want to be competitve for CO.

*Also spent two days with the APW-31 "RO" last week at Pax who is heading to Beaufort to take command of a F/A-18D squadron and is a experienced WSO...all of the above applies and is expected as you gain experience.