• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lateral Transfer Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I'm wondering if anyone out there has successfully laterally transferred. I have all the instructions and what not, but I was wondering if anybody had any tips for the paperwork, talking to the skipper, etc. Any insight will be rewarded with cash. Ok, that last part is false, but insight will be appreciated.
icon_smile_wink.gif

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
- First and foremost, call or email the CEC accesions coordinator/detailer and let them know who you are and what your intentions are. They may be able to provide you with another sample lateral transfer package. If they don't find out if their are specific pieces of info they look for in each package.

- Talk to your immediate supervisor, DH, XO, and the Skipper. Let them all know what direction you are trying to steer your career.

- Make sure you have a current official photograph in your service record (at BUPERS). Additionally, order a copy of your service record (they send it out on a CD now) and scrub it for anything that may need fixed (i.e. missing FITREPS, etc).

- Do submit college transcripts as part of your package.

- Find someone who has successfully lateral transfered to CEC and see if they'll give you a copy of their package

- Find someone in the CEC community who will write you a nice letter of recommendation.

http://www.persnet.navy.mil/pers4413/index.html
http://www.cec.navy.mil/

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Thanks. How can I go about seeing if they have an official photograph? I'm not applying until the November board, so I've got time.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You should have taken an official photograph right after you got commissioned. If you didn't do that, or if you did and your rank is now different, you will have to set one up. It will be at the photolab or similair place on base (North Island?). Call up PSD and get the number to them.

Is there any reason why you are not going to put in a transfer package for the board in June. Regardless of what you think your chances are of being selected, I would apply. If you don't get picked up this time, it will still look good that you are pursuing your objective by applying in the November board.

If you want to apply for June, be sure your package is there no later than April 2 (not postmarked). The board is sked for June 7-11.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
steve,

I originally planned on applying in June, and have been in touch with the Accessions Officer. He told me that the CEC wasn't going to participate in this upcoming lat transfer board, and I believe it, because I checked out the results to the November 2003 board and they didn't pick anybody up. They took 10 in the May 2003 board, and he said they may participate in the Nov 04 board. I don't think I got the photo taken at OCS, so yeah, I'm at North Island and I'll take care of that. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.