• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lat Xfer Interview Requests

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Hey everybody, it's been a long time since I've been around the boards, but I have a favor to ask. I'm trying to apply for the June 2014 Lateral Transfer board for either NA or NFO and I'm having a hard time finding people to do an interview for an aviation community letter of recommendation. Also, if any one has any advice I'd appreciate it. I'm scrambling to get everything into place since I'm deployed right now and it's a pain trying to get everything together. Thank you all. This board has been a huge help throughout my entire career and the long period trying to get into the Navy. I really appreciate it.

Renegade One

None
Hey everybody, it's been a long time since I've been around the boards, but I have a favor to ask. I'm trying to apply for the June 2014 Lateral Transfer board for either NA or NFO and I'm having a hard time finding people to do an interview for an aviation community letter of recommendation….
Where are you currently stationed?

BigRed389

None
Hey everybody, it's been a long time since I've been around the boards, but I have a favor to ask. I'm trying to apply for the June 2014 Lateral Transfer board for either NA or NFO and I'm having a hard time finding people to do an interview for an aviation community letter of recommendation. Also, if any one has any advice I'd appreciate it. I'm scrambling to get everything into place since I'm deployed right now and it's a pain trying to get everything together. Thank you all. This board has been a huge help throughout my entire career and the long period trying to get into the Navy. I really appreciate it.

Yeah I tried the same on deployment...you talk to the Aviation OCM yet? See if they have spots for your FY. Set up a flight physical? Make sure you read the applicable article of the MILPERSMAN...aviation lat transfer has a lot of hoops to jump through, and it's hard to set it all up, especially if deployed. I'm assuming your CO has already been given a heads up and is onboard with the idea. Remember, you need his endorsement letter, and it will probably be weighted most heavily by the board.

And make sure you stay on folks to move your paperwork along. My flight physical sat with a civilian processor at the NAS clinic for a month. If you are going to need a waiver, they may add some hoops even after your flight physical is sent off to NAMI so keep an eye out for that and make sure you give solid contact info so you can follow up. And all that crap has to get taken care of BEFORE the board deadline.

Good luck.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Renegade, I'm stationed in Mayport.

BigRed, thanks for the advice. I'm trying to move everything along. I'm probably going to have to give up some of my POM leave to get the flight physical all taken care of. I've been trying to figure out how to contact the Aviation OCM. E-mail seems to be the only reliable means but all I can find are phone numbers. Is there a better directory hidden behind the CAC boundary on the BUPERS website?

BigRed389

None
Renegade, I'm stationed in Mayport.

BigRed, thanks for the advice. I'm trying to move everything along. I'm probably going to have to give up some of my POM leave to get the flight physical all taken care of. I've been trying to figure out how to contact the Aviation OCM. E-mail seems to be the only reliable means but all I can find are phone numbers. Is there a better directory hidden behind the CAC boundary on the BUPERS website?

Don't forget to call ahead to the clinic to make an appointment. You have a very tight window of opportunity, don't let timing be the reason you don't get a shot.

Pags

N/A
pilot
PERS 43 used to have an email directory with CAC access. There's also a member on here named @AOCM, perhaps he can help....

....or just call a nun of PERS 43 numbers until you get the proper steer.

Can you talk to the HSL/HSM OIC on your ship to get a rec from either him or his CO?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Pags, thanks for the help. I've been talking to our Air Boss about leveraging his contacts back at his squadron. Trying to do this whole thing while deployed sucks.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Can anyone give any advice for securing interviews with members of the gaining community? I'm not averse to cold calling and visiting squadrons in the area but I don't want to ruin things by jumping outside of my swim lane.