• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lat Transfer to Intel in the Reserve

kayesjay

MILPERSMAN 1212-010 seems to say that officers selected for lateral transfer to most communities "must agree to serve on active duty at least 2 years from the date of the designator change." Does that mean a reserve officer who lateral transfers will be placed on active duty?

Also, more specifically, what is the training pipeline for reserve officers who lateral transfer to the intelligence community?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
With reserves the lateral transfer obligation is almost always done as a drilling SELRES and not on active duty.

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If you're a reserve officer wanting to switch to another community you will submit for a Change of Designator package. As for reserve wanting to go full time support (FTS) you will submit a FTS redesignation with the next set of boards taking place this fall. Applications are roughly due around September.

unbroken

Naval officer
If you're a reserve officer wanting to switch to another community you will submit for a Change of Designator package. As for reserve wanting to go full time support (FTS) you will submit a FTS redesignation with the next set of boards taking place this fall. Applications are roughly due around September.

Is FTS the same as active duty? Sounds like it, just never heard it called that before...Also, how hard is that to do? My understanding was that it was nearly impossible, but they must be choosing some people if there are annual boards (?)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is FTS the same as active duty? Sounds like it, just never heard it called that before...Also, how hard is that to do? My understanding was that it was nearly impossible, but they must be choosing some people if there are annual boards (?)

FTS are reservists on active duty, they function as a full time cadre for the reserve component. FTS personnel are concentrated in areas and specialties that require full time support like reserve aviation squadrons, while a few Intel ones may exist I have never met or even heard of one and I am not surprised since they aren't really needed.