• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Last Resort

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
So this is a cross between The Beach and Crimson Tide...

While this is a bit dated now (and also a bit unrealistic), it would make for a pretty good movie plotline!
I especially like how the author envisions the CJCS (and therefore the Joint Staff) becoming more than just advisers, but actually commanding. Some view the growth of the Joint Staff today to start to resemble the General Staffs of the Prussians and later the German Armies rather than just the staff of the advisers of the NCA.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
This show looks officially horrible. I sure it will get renewed.

rreagan3

VP-NESS
None
i think i've found what i'll be picking up in the budget DVD bin at Wal-Mart before my next deployment...

I can't wait to watch the series finale when the P-3 deploys a search pattern, localizes, passively tracks for 30 mins, attacks, then reattacks within 7 mins and comes home with a triumphant ASW-202! Those guys will get mad readiness!

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I can't wait to watch the series finale when the P-3 deploys a search pattern, localizes, passively tracks for 30 mins, attacks, then reattacks within 7 mins and comes home with a triumphant ASW-202! Those guys will get mad readiness!

Now I am definite that this story is fictional.

ProsNest1

Not quite a new member
None
i think i've found what i'll be picking up in the budget DVD bin at Wal-Mart before my next deployment...

Who are we kidding...the P-3 would go rogue as well. We're suckers for setting up shop on nice tropical islands. Provided we get per diem.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None

Nice avatar. I had lunch there just the other day.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and uh..."
"Clever."
"Yeah, and clever."

spinal-tap.jpg

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.