• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Last Minute ASTB Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjacobs

I am taking the ASTB on Thursday. Not sure which form, but it is my first time so probably form 1. I have studied the Marine Corp study guide as well as the ARCO. I am very confident about all the sections except the math section. Does anybody have any hints, tips, tricks or anything else that will help me on this section. Thanks alot.

rjacobs

OK, found a question. How do you solve number 28 on the marine corp study guide? It is the question about the officers at the mess night. I have been racking my brain and cant figure it out.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
ok quick version
x=captains
y=2st Lt.
z=2nd Lt.

z+y=30
z+x=45
y+x=35

so .....

2x+2y+2z=110

do the math and u divide both sides by 2 which would give you ...

x+y+z=55

55 is your answer ...

Hope this helps

c0bounds

I am new to this site, and I am also taking the test on Thursday...I have studied the various books and study guides on the Marine study guide does anyone know what is going on with 34 If -4*j=-6 and for all real numbers x and y, x*y=y(x+1)

Also what is this stuff about form one and form two

GTodd

I had form 1 I beleive and #28 was on it #43 was not. Here is a tip for the Navy/Aviation section know your stuff about what rockets we used for space before the shuttle and where the international date line is. The key to this Test is to not get nervous. You are ready, YOU will kick ass. OOrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bigeyes_125.gif

rjacobs

c0Bounds:

I have had questions about that to, but I am just going to look for the answer in the same form as the one on the study guide. If the first letters/numbers change then I will look for a corresponding answer change. Now if the form changes then I think we are screwed. I am not to worried about it. Or am I? Even if I get a good score I think I will retake it in a month anyway just to try and get a better score. It cant hurt because your higher score counts, ya know.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Your higher score IS NOT the one that necessarily counts. Your most recent score is the one that counts (i.e. if you take it twice and you score lower the second time around ... that's the score that's counted). DO NOT TAKE IT AGAIN UNLESS YOU FAILED OR U R SURE THAT YOU WILL IMPROVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

russo22jax

x*y = y(x+1) and -4*j=-6
y= j
x= -4
so j(-4+1)=6
j(-3)=6
j= -2

Form 1 and two arre different test booklets. You will take form 1 your first time taking, form two if you take again, form 1 if a third and so on. Good luck.

orthaj

I am not sure how, but I am glad that I passed the ASTB the first time I took it. after looking at some of these q's again, i think I'd be screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.