• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Last F-14A's Are Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cool. He was great fun to deply with. I flew with him in the C-2 a couple of times. Have him give me a ring at DSN 281-6070 if he has a chance. We deployed on the JCS in 01 after 9/11. Spent some quality time holding up a bar stool with him at the "Thunderdome" in Bahrain. He also helped me with the "hook up" when we were on station for 143 days and needed some new "parts" (read new Microwave for popcorn).
r/
Goz
former JCS air ops

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
Here's a very subjective question: "What do you think was/is the most impressive about the F-14?"

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Schnuggapup said:
Cool. He was great fun to deply with. I flew with him in the C-2 a couple of times. Have him give me a ring at DSN 281-6070 if he has a chance. We deployed on the JCS in 01 after 9/11. Spent some quality time holding up a bar stool with him at the "Thunderdome" in Bahrain. He also helped me with the "hook up" when we were on station for 143 days and needed some new "parts" (read new Microwave for popcorn).
r/
Goz
former JCS air ops

Yep, he's a good dude. I'll let him know. Matter of fact, I'll email him your number.

Jakapr

Tophatter,
A few years ago I went to an airshow in the Quad cities. They had an F-18 on static display. When I went up to it all I could say was NO WAY !!! It had a Tophat on it and VFA-14 on the side. When I got home I looked up VF-14 and yes it was their first super hornet.
I see that VF-32 is going to the super hornet next year.
Since you were on the same cruises as I was, (only on the wrong side) you should remember Pokoj. I ran around with him alot.
We had Jim Meyers in our shop with the Tomcats. The cruise before he was in VF-14. I don't know if you remember him.
A few guys in our AE shop and I set up a site from the 75 cruise and I added their pictures from the cruise there.

The site is http://www.geocities.com/vf32ae2too

Jack
X Phantom Phixer X Tomcat Tweaker

tophatter

Jakapr,
Great web site. I'll see if I have any pictures laying around.I saw an article in Ziggy's picture wich stated that a VF-32 aircraft went in the water off the coast of Scotland. I disagree.It was VF-14's bird flown by CMDR Lavender. His
throttle control computer went to 100% while his hands were up in the cockpit
while the BB stacker was arming the missiles. The throttle control computer was in another AC before the acident and was A799 by the AMD shop. The skipper punched out and landed in the water and the NFO wound up on the deck. The bb stacker got his foot caught under the right main mount while the plane took of by itself. Also do you know there were nukes aboard during the Belknap colision?

Jakapr

Tophatter

The guys I keep track of from VF-32 made another cruise after I left. The Tomcat they are talking about was from VF-32 on that cruise not the 75 cruise.

I would guess the Nukes were aboard when the Belknap when we were hit. I wouldnt think they would be moving them around that much. I remember them putting them on the A-7's once in awhile.

Sign the guest book on our site and leave an address and I will sent you things about the squadrons as I or the other guys find them.

Have you been to Military.com and signed in on your squadron page?

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.