• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Last Chance at Going Back!! Need 300 PFT

SMARTI

Thanks sector, any motivation is welcome. I have been running my butt ragged, but in a healthy way. When are you planning to go? I'm aiming for putting my package in for the OCC-192 class next October. Keep me informed on how you're doing, and I'll do the same.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Well I am going for the Navy here, but I thought I would share my experience. When I got serious about applying I was BIG, I'm 6'3" and was 297lbs. That was june of 04. I am now 207lbs. I couldn't get serious for the PFT/PRT untli I lost some serious weight, but after about 3 months of consistent work outs I went from a 14:10 1 1/2 mile to a 12:23. I did that by slowly running faster when I ran, which was 2 miles 4 times a week. It's different for everyone, but that is how I got my run down to where it is now, and I am still working on that one. As for the pushups/situps, everyday I do 75 twice a day and it keeps me at no less than 58 p/u and 66 s/u. Those only got easier by practice as well. I guess my point is don't let anybody tell you you can't do it, of course you already know this. I had a sh!tload of people tell me that and look how far I've come, they can all kiss my a$$ :icon_smil

Good Luck!!! :icon_zbee

Josh

SMARTI

I know what you mean Josh. When the OSO tried to talk me out of trying because of my age it just made me more determined. Thanks for the advice and good luck to you too!

sector

Do your best, let the board try to tell you "No" when you present your package with a 285+ PFT score. I surely will keep you posted.
CD

Good luck SMARTI, lot of people think you can or cant do it--doesnt even matter, long as YOU know you can...best wishes to your wife too, if she's selected.

SMARTI

Good luck SMARTI, lot of people think you can or cant do it--doesnt even matter, long as YOU know you can...best wishes to your wife too, if she's selected.

Thanks Brandon, I believe that too, and my wife thanks you for the wishes.

It sucks that I am Preparing for the Hurricane down here in Miami so that's going to cut into the workout process, but I'll manage somehow.

Someone mentioned somewhere that the board may turn you down just to see if you'd reapply. Anyone else heard of that?

Screamtruth

นักมวย
Hi,

Here's my story:

I am a prior Marine 0311. I left back in '97 because I wanted to give civilian life a fair shake, and because I wanted to finish my degree. Having done that I now want to return to the Corps. Here is the clincher. I am now 32, 5'6" weighing 210 pounds of both fat and muscle. I have approached the OSO and he is telling me very clearly that in order to offset my 3 waivers that I might need (age, tattoos, and dependents) I need to have between a 295 - 300 PFT score. :eek:

Mind you that when I was in 1st LAR in the best shape of my life I was at a 290, but this was not as a result of trying too hard to get a personal best. However, the older me now is a different story.

I need to know if at my age this score is possible to get or not. I am going nuts because I want this so bad it hurts. If anyone has any suggestions, or PT plans that focus on building speed I have open ears for anything you may have to say.

Thanks!

Semper Fi!
Hey, try www.rossboxing.com
Or try, www.trainforstrength.com
The latter website owner is a former. You can tell by looking at his stuff.

I use routines from both of these guys when I prep for fights. I am nowhere near the shape I was in back in the Corps, but these programs help alot with speed, power, and cardio.
I had a 19:40 PFT time back then, last week I ran the 3 in 23:55, and almost died! BUT, I can spar for 10 rounds, and still kick hard after 10, so the programs work, you just have to use routines that will help in specific ways.

Raptor2216

Keep in mind that what you eat can have a very big impact on the final result. If you can find a balance between nutrition and working out, you should be able to do just fine. There are people out there in their 40's who do marathons and triathalons so there is absolutely no reason why you can't run a measly 3 miles at a good pace. Work out and goodluck.