• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Las Cruces Det

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
What were the approximate dates of the Las Cruces Det last year/ year before? There were 2, right? Also, when did the weather start to get bad for contact and form flying in Corpus?

Thanks in advance. I did a search, but all I could find was that the dets were in the winter, which wasn't much help.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
In 2007 there was a Sep/Oct-November det, and then a Jan-Feb det in 2008.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
They probably do another winter det since it's been so successful. If you're going to be in contacts during the winter then you're going to be in great shape to go.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Thanks for the responses. I am half done with RIs, and should start forms around late October/ November. Just trying to get a feel for what happened last year and when I will complete.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
If you end up coming up to Albuquerque let me know, Ill take you to the good restaurants and show you the good bars.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Do you like money? If so you'll volunteer to go on det. Personally, i enjoyed travelling somewhere new, flying 1-2 times a day and making an extra 1400 bucks that went right in my pocket... but that's just me.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Yea, Las Cruces det sounds like one more of those things I had to be jealous about at the suck known as Vance. Couple of my buddies were doing similar flying to me (read: lots of double turns) but walked away with an extra 2g's (or close to it) in coin.