• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lake Hood

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got a website forwarded to me that has interesting spots from around the world on Google maps linked. One of the links was for Anchorage International/Lake Hood and I thought it would be interesting to some of the guys on the board. ;) One of the USAF types here flew out of dirt strip next to Lake Hood that it was the largest seaplane 'airport' in the world. After studying it for a while I saw some interesting aircraft parked around the lake, including some Grumman Ducks and a Catalina on the southern shore of the lake. There is also a nice looking aircraft to the west of the lake and north of the main terminals that will warm the hearts of the VP types on the board. :D

Just thought that it was very interesting, for an aviation geek. Maybe some of the guys that have more experience with Alaska might comment.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...pn=0.013385,0.039911&t=h&z=15&iwloc=addr&om=1