• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kofi Annan is "concerned" about the condition of Al-Sadr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
http://www.un.org/apps/sg/sgstats.asp?nid=1045

New York, 13 August 2004 - Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on Iraq

The Secretary-General is deeply saddened by the violence that has broken out in Iraq, particularly the situation in the holy city of Najaf. He is especially concerned about reports on the condition of Said Moqtada Al-Sadr. The Secretary-General reiterates his appeal to all concerned to show the utmost restraint in these difficult circumstances. The Secretary-General has made clear his position that force should always be a last resort. The United Nations is dedicated to the principle of the peaceful settlement of disputes.

The Secretary-General believes that stability ought to be sought through dialogue, reconciliation and on the basis of negotiation rather than violence. The Secretary-General continues to attach great importance to the establishment of the widest possible consensus among Iraqis in support of a peaceful political transition. The United Nations remains committed to doing everything possible to assist the Iraqi people to that end, and stands ready to extend its facilitating role in helping to resolve the current crisis, if this would be helpful.

The Secretary-General believes that all of us want to see Iraq become a civil society, based on the rule of law. The dismantling of all militias would be an important step in that direction.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Show the utmost restraint." Yeah, tell that to the terrorists . . .

Grant

"The Secretary-General believes that stability ought to be sought through dialogue, reconciliation and on the basis of negotiation rather than violence."

If he honestly believes that, regarding Iraq and/or terrorists, he's an idiot (but we already knew that).

Clux4

Banned
It is politics, they have to say that to be politically active. You think they do not know that you cannot have a dialogue with terrorist. That is what the dirty game of politics calls for. That you say something but actually mean the opposite.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Clux, we're way beyond that. The UN has become a useless, corrupt organization, a debate society. All talk, no action. When they do take action, it's normally led by the USA. We're the teeth. Without us, they're virtually powerless, for anything major. Look at how they condemn Israel for building a wall to seperate them and the Palestinians, yet the UN won't do crap to stop the Palestinians from killing them? Oh, and a lot of good that condemning did... didn't stop anything. UN can go fvck themselves.

Clux4

Banned
Fly Navy said:
Clux, we're way beyond that. The UN has become a useless, corrupt organization, a debate society. All talk, no action. When they do take action, it's normally led by the USA. We're the teeth. Without us, they're virtually powerless, for anything major. Look at how they condemn Israel for building a wall to seperate them and the Palestinians, yet the UN won't do crap to stop the Palestinians from killing them? Oh, and a lot of good that condemning did... didn't stop anything. UN can go fvck themselves.

Fly Navy,
I do not see anything wrong in the United States being the tooth of the UN. As a matter of fact, I think those guy in Pentagon see it as a smart way to feed the crave and appetite the United States has for foreign bases and the ultimate desire to rule the Universe. Will it ever get better than this, if we are already controlling U.N, meaning we control everything under U.N.
Kofi Anan is just there as a figure head for our operations within the U.N. He has to say what he has to say so as to look like he does not support the United States. We already have bases in Afghanistan and we made the U.N give us the authorization to invade Iraq. Now we are there and we have bases overthere. I don't know where next we are going, but eventually we get there(Control the World).

You free to disagree with me on this. This the way I see things.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
Clux4 said:
Fly Navy,
I do not see anything wrong in the United States being the tooth of the UN. As a matter of fact, I think those guy in Pentagon see it as a smart way to feed the crave and appetite the United States has for foreign bases and the ultimate desire to rule the Universe. Will it ever get better than this, if we are already controlling U.N, meaning we control everything under U.N.
Kofi Anan is just there as a figure head for our operations within the U.N. He has to say what he has to say so as to look like he does not support the United States. We already have bases in Afghanistan and we made the U.N give us the authorization to invade Iraq. Now we are there and we have bases overthere. I don't know where next we are going, but eventually we get there(Control the World).

You free to disagree with me on this. This the way I see things.

The UN never authorized us to invade Iraq. That's been a big issue this election and a major part of John Kerry's platform. If you think that we control the UN, you must forget that China, Russia, and France all have permanent seats on the Security Council with veto power, and they tend to vote against us. Why didn't we invade Iraq during Gulf War I, because the compromised Security Council resolution only gave the coalition the authority to expel the Iraqis from Kuwait. If the U.S. truly controlled the UN, we would have had the original resolution we wanted, without having to bargain with the Russians and French, who were covering their own oil interests. Why wasn't there a Northern Front in Gulf War II, because we could not get basing rights from Turkey. Why has the United States fought against the creation of an International Criminal Court, because many foreign countries wish to try AMERICAN leaders for war crimes. These include the past four presidents, Henry Kissinger, and numerous military personnel.

I doubt the guys at the Pentagon are just looking for wars just so we can get basing rights in the occupied lands. If it was possible, they would like nothing more than to send their troops home. I know this administration wishes that Iraq and Afghanistan would stablize so they could get most of the troops home by the election, but that is not possible. I don't know where you got the idea that the United States wants to rule the world (and eventually the Universe), maybe you saw Farhenheit 911 too many times, but the United States is not an imperialist country. We have had many opportunities in the past to use our power for conquest and have held back. We only go to war when it is in self defense of our interests, not to colonize. If that were the case, we would have never given back Mexico, Cuba, the Phillipines, Japan, or Germany to their people. We would have never formed the UN in the first place. We would have never allowed the Iraqis or the Afghanis to form their own governments.

Clux4

Banned
I think I watched Farenheit 9/11 a couple times, I will not deny that.
You definitely have a different perpectives on issues which i respect, but can you give a reply to Fly Navy's post

P.S - Please be warned that there are no intentions to turn this into a political cat fight.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What if he doesn't have a reply to my post? I think your post uncovering the evil intentions of the United States to dominate the world has sidetracked the thread.

Clux4

Banned
You think it is evil, but I don't see it as that. I think every nation, people and kindred desire to better themselves in some way or the other. If Russia or China had their way, they will do the same thing we are doing.

Seriously, I did not mean to derail the thread. We can always talk about this later.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Clux4 said:
You think it is evil, but I don't see it as that. I think every nation, people and kindred desire to better themselves in some way or the other. If Russia or China had their way, they will do the same thing we are doing.

Seriously, I did not mean to derail the thread. We can always talk about this later.

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT

Reading comprehension, my friend, reading comprehension. It was sarcasm, which I know is sometimes lost on the internet. I am not stating that the United States is evil. I was poking fun at your implication that the United States is an imperialistic nation.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
These threads sure can get funny, sometimes.

Kofi's gotta hot wife, you know. He musta done something right.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dunedan said:
These threads sure can get funny, sometimes.

Kofi's gotta hot wife, you know. He musta done something right.

Come to Butthead...

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
Clux4 said:
I think I watched Farenheit 9/11 a couple times, I will not deny that.
You definitely have a different perpectives on issues which i respect, but can you give a reply to Fly Navy's post

P.S - Please be warned that there are no intentions to turn this into a political cat fight.

Ok, here's my reply to Fly Navy:

"I agree. Whenever the UN actually does something, it is with the United States fronting the majority of the financial and military burden. Of course, the UN does do alot of good, just in the humanitarian aspects (UNICEF, WHO). But so does the Red Cross, Doctors without Borders, and a multitude of religious and seclular charities; none of which the United States is required to contribute funding to. I think the United States would be better off if it substantially lessened its presence in the UN."

With the exception of my Fahrenheit 911 remark, my post was apolitical. I was simply correcting some of your assertions with historical fact. The reason why I mention F911 was because you esposed a view similar to the movie's creator. Also, it was meant as a somewhat humorous remark to lighten an otherwise serious post.

Status
Not open for further replies.