• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Knowing Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sente

Here's a question for you PLC seniors and OCS vets: What's the importance of knowing cadence? Would it help to know some beforehand or can it be easily picked up while I'm there?

Crowbar

None
Learn before you go. You may never use it, but like so many other things in life, it's better to know it than not.

gnorman911

I run to cadence everyday, I guess I know it now. Not sure if it will help in OCS, but it sure does motivate you when running, I know it is making me a better runner. And I can use all the help in that I can get. The officer that swore me in said I need to be able to 100 pushups 100 situps and run the 1.5 in 10:00 to be ready for OCS. So I just run, run and run some more....

ksn

Your DI will call cadence for your group runs for the first few weeks of PT. By that time you will be used to what he/she is calling and it will be no problem for you. Focus on learning the big 3 and quit sweating the small stuff.

contrail_dash

Cadence is one thing...jodies (spelling?) are another. I did a few years in the Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M we always ran to cadence and yelled jodies. I know that singing while running made it that much harder. But made you a better runner. Plus some are just down right dirty/not politically correct and extremely motivating to run too. Luke the gook was my personal favorite. Sometimes I find myself humming old jodies when I run.

Cadence/jodies are an absolute when running in a formation, its not fun when the guy or gal in front or behind you gets out of step. But other than that, they dont really help speed or distance running in my personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.