• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Know any good places to live?

shortncurly

Warl0rd said:
Marcus Pointe Is Horrible>>> Do Not Live There>> You Will Regret It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Hate Even Talking About It!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more. Marcus Pointe sucks beyond the telling of it! I get mad just thinking of that place. Having lived there myself, I can see how some would think it's nice; it's sort of like a Monet: from far away it looks good, but when you get up close you can see it's all fvcked up.

We had friends living in King's Mill, and they had no complaints.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
navyluvngirl said:
Kings Mill hasn't turned ghetto. It's still a nice property - staff is extremely nice and helpful!
I lived at 8917 Apt. 16......so who's living there now? Anyone, anyone?

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
Absolutely do NOT live at Marcus Pointe Grand Apartments!!!! They are the WORST, most military unfriendly complex I have EVER lived in my whole entire life. The construction is shoddy to say the least and the management is corrupt with greed and ignorance.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
It's kind of a trade off. Either you live about 30 minutes away from the base and live in a decent all be it cookie cutter place or you can live close and have a potential disaster. My suggestion would be to wait until you get down there. There will be dudes looking to find roomates and you guys will be on your way. Just remember to live with other FO's. It helps because they won't move away and leave you holding the lease on an apt. Also, if it still exists after 2 hurricanes, try out Perdido. It's pretty nice as long as you avoid the copperheads...

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
navyluvngirl said:
I will go knock on their door and ask. Do you want photos, too? ;)
Sure, and see if they still have the Whiting landing pattern fixed into the carpet in the living room. My roomate did this with masking tape and needless to say, left quite an "unfaded" pattern when we took it up. We may as well have drawn the outline with perm marker.

Jenmarie

Demons are cute when they sleep!
Contributor
shortncurly said:
I couldn't agree more. Marcus Pointe sucks beyond the telling of it! I get mad just thinking of that place. Having lived there myself, I can see how some would think it's nice; it's sort of like a Monet: from far away it looks good, but when you get up close you can see it's all fvcked up.

We had friends living in King's Mill, and they had no complaints.

As the friend that lived in Kings Mill, I agree I had no complaints! My husband's only unhappy thought was it was a little bit farther to base. But, we both thought it was worth it!

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jenmarie said:
As the friend that lived in Kings Mill, I agree I had no complaints! My husband's only unhappy thought was it was a little bit farther to base. But, we both thought it was worth it!
Yes, but small price to pay for a little piece and quiet and a nice pool/hot tub. Besides, the 30 min drive either way (to NAS Whiting or P-cola) can be used to run through EP's and other brief items.

navyluvngirl

Steve Wilkins said:
Sure, and see if they still have the Whiting landing pattern fixed into the carpet in the living room. My roomate did this with masking tape and needless to say, left quite an "unfaded" pattern when we took it up. We may as well have drawn the outline with perm marker.

Sure thing. How long ago was this???? I'm sure that they replaced the carpet by now. But I will check. ;)

Jenmarie

Demons are cute when they sleep!
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Yes, but small price to pay for a little piece and quiet and a nice pool/hot tub. Besides, the 30 min drive either way (to NAS Whiting or P-cola) can be used to run through EP's and other brief items.

You didn't have our neighbors!!! But, for the most part it was nice and quiet. Liked the staff and the apartment itself!! They have great grassy areas with little doggy stations, not that our neighbor ever used it. But it's there! And nice screened in balcony/porches.

snizo

Supply Officer
gregsivers said:
I lived in Fairfield Lakes and liked it. Its close to base, but a little farther from downtown and the beach, but not bad at all.

Second that - they're very military friendly, too. And the FREE COOKIES, greg - dont forget about the free cookies in the leasing office daily!

But it is very close to the base - and the commissary....