• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kneeboards...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... another clever one I've seen is guys take a big industrial strength clip, clip it on the knee opening of their g-suit, and then they'll clip different things to it, approach plates, charts, etc. ....
REALLY ??? No sh!t ?? Some of you boys ...... you crack me up. (please refrence post #7 in this thread) :)

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I should be in the RAG in Feb. I still don't know which RAG, maybe HSC or HSL in San Diego ... or JAX. How's that for decisiveness.

Thats about how I was til the day I turned in my sheet. Manned up and put HSL down for the first 4 spots. Honestly, Mayport gets a bad rap, its not that bad. Sorry for the threadjack.

Jay

REALLY ??? No sh!t ?? Some of you boys ...... you crack me up. (please refrence post #7 in this thread) :)
I'm talking about just a clip, in case you didn't notice, if someone doesn't exactly know what you're talking about, your post was fairly hard to follow.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm talking about just a clip, in case you didn't notice, if someone doesn't exactly know what you're talking about, your post was fairly hard to follow.

Yeah, A4s. How dare you!

Brett

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The clipboard on my 9-G kneebaord is about done so either Im salty or the Phrog guys are making their smartbooks extra thick. time to order another one.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Hard to follow ??? You hurt me deeply. But then, that's part of my plan .... :)

Clips alone don't work .... I tried that avenue ... just WALK AWAY ..... however, a clip RIVETED onto a piece of metal that will fit, as you (and I :)) said, between the G-suit and flight suit ... is the name of the game.

If you don't know what I'm talking about ... you better learn ... if you want to be --- like me --- a "survivor".

But HEY !!! Don't listen to me .... I'm just an old fool. :)

And for the record ... why do y'all think the commercial-retail kneeboards need replacing as evidenced by a post or two herein ??? Because they don't stand the test of time. My kneeboard would still be serviceable to anyone on AW's ......

*SIGH* .... I weep, once again ... for the future of Naval Aviation.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Have any of you tried the Soft G Kneeboard (same company)?
(See attachment)

Attachments

• Soft%20G%20Kneeboard.jpg
    Soft%20G%20Kneeboard.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 137

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
That's what I have now. Same as the 9G. Works 4.0, although I can't see much use for the little pocket. Seems likely to FOD the cockpit. Some ASSH0LE stole my 9G out of my flight equipment locker.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Well I guess I have the soft one as well then. I'm with HD on the pocket though. Only use I've found for it was my whiz wheel when I was in HTs. Maneuvering wasn't severe enough to knock it out.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I also use the soft-G as the pencil pocket seemed more convenient. You can instantly stow your pencil if you're writing something down and then need to suddenly grab the stick for turbulence or whatever reason.

And yes, that little pocket is pretty much useless . . .

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I also use the soft-G as the pencil pocket seemed more convenient. You can instantly stow your pencil if you're writing something down and then need to suddenly grab the stick for turbulence or whatever reason.

And yes, that little pocket is pretty much useless . . .
Stick your pencil in/under the spring clip of my kneeboard -- one hand/two hand problem is over in an instant .... I like the simple design ... not because it's "mine" (several others used the same -- and where do you think I got the idea -- that's right, from someone else) ... but because it works.

That's the bottom line --- whatever works for you --- use it. :)

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Tread lightly Jay, his stock portfolio has more diversity than your promiscuous college days, and he's saltier than a can of Pringles.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
however, a clip RIVETED onto a piece of metal that will fit, as you (and I :)) said, between the G-suit and flight suit ... is the name of the game.

That's actually what i used in primary. I bought a A9, but it proved to be little use. The ol' metal board and clip was way better.

Now i use the glare shield or the map case (if it's not holding my 48oz big gulp), or the pedestal - which pisses off the FE since they can't read the fuel gauges without leaning forward. For those of you who don't know, there is lots of room in the P-3's cockpit.

Here's a pic of me, my 2P, Nav, and TACCO in our spacious cockpit.
spaceall.jpg