• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kingsville Living

Status
Not open for further replies.

jso

I am about to report to Kingsville for training and have been hearing you have to stay in the Q six weeks. Is this required? Can you stay in town if you pay for it yourself? Does anyone have any info on this?

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
when i left Kingsville last year they were still making new guys stay in the Q for 6 weeks after checking in, but most guys, myself included, went ahead and got a place out in town anyways & paid for it out of our own pockets ... you still have to keep a Q room for 6 weeks though.

semper fi

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
This bs rule was put out by my old commodore. Technically, its against the law unless you are under some type of punishment. He made it a requirement because they were trying to show occupancy to have justification to remodel the Q. I refused to subject my Marines to this rule and with the support of the MATSG CO, Marines never were required to stay on base. Sad to see that change. Sorry Jar. I guess this never got passed to Major Alpert or Aviaz. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

Rainman

pilot
So then you get screwed out of $1500 DLA as well?

nice
banghead_125.gif

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Originally posted by Rainman
So then you get screwed out of $1500 DLA as well?
nope, at least myself & my roommate didn't ... there is a certain amount of time that you are allowed to claim DLA, like 45 or 60 days ... so once your 6 weeks is up, you gotta get to Admin asap and fill out the proper paperwork, or yea, you'll get screwed out of it

Frumby ... oh well, life in the Corps i suppose

semper fi

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I dont imagine that this BOQ rule applies to us married folks? Anyone know?

Dave

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Originally posted by Rainman
Jarhead, are you @ kingsville now?
no, i left there last June (2002) after i got winged

Originally posted by EODDave
I dont imagine that this BOQ rule applies to us married folks? Anyone know?
no it didn't apply to married guys/gals when i was there

semper fidelis

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Jarhead,
You still in ground school, or are you flying yet?

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Originally posted by E5B
Jarhead,
You still in ground school, or are you flying yet?
i've got around 25 hours now

how's TBS going? freezing yet? i did a x-country into Andrews AFB 17 Dec ... i wanted my So Cal weather back!

semper fi

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Yes, a little chilly, we started the range last Thurs. This weather is "extreme winter" to a west TX boy! When you did your cross-country did you have to land several times or did you aerial refuel?

I loved Pendleton. I wouldn't complain at all if I ended up there again.

Dirty Harry

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Originally posted by E5B
Yes, a little chilly, we started the range last Thurs. This weather is "extreme winter" to a west TX boy! When you did your cross-country did you have to land several times or did you aerial refuel?

sheew, i don't envy you bud, but i was there this time 3 years ago!

na, we didn't in-flight refuel. it ended up being two legs there and three legs back, i got to fly three of the five legs ... we had a centerline tank and a really strong tailwind so we made it to Vance AFB for gas, then on into Andrews AFB ... it was my first time into Vance AFB, quite desolate out there and very busy, but not as busy as the D.C. area! on the way back though that "really strong tailwind" was now a really strong headwind so we had to stop twice, Fort Smith AK & Albuquerque NM

semper fi

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Did you go into flight school wanting jets? I've always been fascinated with Helo's. I guess you were in the back seat for 2 legs? You graduated TBS June of 2000?

Dirty Harry

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Originally posted by E5B
Did you go into flight school wanting jets? I've always been fascinated with Helo's. I guess you were in the back seat for 2 legs? You graduated TBS June of 2000?
na, i really didn't know what i wanted to fly, i was just happy to be flying. my grades were slightly above average throughout flightschool ... i got lucky and was selected for all my first choices ... i would not have been disappointed if i got selected for helos though ...

yes, we were flying in a D

yes, well May 2000

semper fi

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Jar,

What are you flying? 18's. What squadron are you in?

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.