• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kingsville Housing

Strobes

pilot
I'll be moving down to Kingsville in a few weeks and it looks like from what I hear that there are pretty much 2 decent places to live--Hawk's Landing and Hunter's Cove. All the other apartments I've heard of have gotten ****ty reviews. I won't be going to Kingsville with anyone that I can room with so it looks like I'll be living by myself. Can anyone make some recommendations/give some advice? Thanks!

st1977

The only single guys I remember living in Hunter's Cove had roommates. I do know of several single guys who lived by themselves at Hawk's Landing. I have to assume there are BAH considerations that can explain this... Also, I think all the apartments at Hunter's Cove (which are pretty nice) have either 3 or 4 bedrooms. Both places are a really close drive to base (about 5-10 minutes)

arbor

I'm your huckleberry.
pilot
Yea, Hunter's Cove is just 3-4 bedrooms. Hawk's Landing does have 2 bedroom units, I want to say they're ~700-750 but I could be wrong, don't quote me on it. Not much in the way of either community is very conducive to living solo, and outside these 2 areas you're pretty much on your own to find a place, the housing office can give you some pretty extensive listings (can't say how desirable they'll be).

At the same time, I would try my best to find a roomate, post flyers in other squadrons' spaces if need be, post on here, etc.

wilsonator

I lived in Hawks. This was a couple of years back but I paid 600 a month for a 2 bedroom. Had a roommate but it would be affordable single. Get on the waiting list early if there is one. I had to wait like 6 months.

GabsJP

Latest is Hawk's Landing: 640 for a 2 bdrm 770 for a three bdrm.
Hunters cove has townhouses in the mid 900's and above for three and four bdrms or all your BAH if your married. The price at Hawks goes up every Feb 1st based on the Consumer Price Index.

Hawks is ten years old
Hunters is like five years old

the rest of kingsville apts are 30 years or older although cheaper

I drove around town and most of the apts are not that nice.
In terms of houses, there are a couple of houses w/ 3 bdrms I saw for 1000 - 1200 and a lot of 40 - 60 year old "houses" that were really in bad shape.

Outside of that I didnt really see many other options. Studs are not allowed to live in CC, so your kinda stuck with a couple of roommates and one of a few houses or the PPV (public private venture) housing i.e. Hunter's Cove and Hawk's Landing.

Also, there is a wait list for the 2 bdrm option at Hawk's Landing right now

MasterBates

Is there a BOQ or an option for Geo-Bachelors at Krock?

I am heading out there in 1-2 months, and will be trying to geo-bach it until my divorce is finalized.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
There is a BOQ at kingsville that has rooms with kitchenettes. I saw some enlisted guys living there. I put my family up in the BOQ for my winging, I'm not sure I would want to stay there for any length of time. I have no idea on the geo-bach thing.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
I think when we were checking out the housing situation in K-rock there was a new apartment complex going up next to the University. I can't remember if this was student housing only or if it was open to the public. It would be worth looking into, they looked like nice apartements.