• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

kingsville housing

Ironnads

Should be moving to kingsville late feb. unless the jet slots dry up. I know it is bad karma to be house hunting before selection, but does anyone know of a house up for rent.

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Ironnads said:
Should be moving to kingsville late feb. unless the jet slots dry up. I know it is bad karma to be house hunting before selection, but does anyone know of a house up for rent.
Well, at least you're living up to your screen name.
Hawks Landing and Hunter's Cove are the two apartment complexes where 95% of the studs live. Go ahead and look at places out in town, then go to Hawks or Hunters and sign the lease. The NASK housing office may have a few more leads for you, but she'll end up sending you to Hawks or Hunters anyway.

kray1395

Do you know any fellow students with you in Kingsville that have a place in Corpus?? I know they generally like to have everyone live in Kingsville, but I've heard that can be waiverable. No one has told me exactly what situation you need to be in to get it waived though.

My wife is employed with a hospital here in Corpus and I'm sure she would enjoy knowing that we wouldn't have to move.

I know it's a long drive, but I'll deal. It's 38 miles from my driveway to the front gate.

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
kray1395 said:
Do you know any fellow students with you in Kingsville that have a place in Corpus?? I know they generally like to have everyone live in Kingsville, but I've heard that can be waiverable. No one has told me exactly what situation you need to be in to get it waived though.

My wife is employed with a hospital here in Corpus and I'm sure she would enjoy knowing that we wouldn't have to move.

I know it's a long drive, but I'll deal. It's 38 miles from my driveway to the front gate.
I think I know of one or two students who live in Corpus. Not an official answer, just my take: In one case, it's because the stud owns a house in CC. In the other case, I believe the stud is senior (O-3 retread), and therefore gets away with big-boy rules. Or, maybe nobody's figured it out yet.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Live in Hawk's. It's slightly more ghetto than Hunter's but it has a constant rent rate where Hunter's adjusts your rent with your pay increases and costs more to begin with. All of Kingsville is ghetto, so living in Hawk's will only help you in lowering your sure-to-plummet standards that come with K-rock residence.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
You're gonna be forced to move to K'rock. The one guy did own a house plus there was some other circumstances there that they let him live in Corpus. But for everybody else, its either Hawks or Hunters.

kray1395

Well, I own a house, wife has a job as a registered nurse, 2-year old is in a good school, etc. Think I might fall in same category? Having to move would be a major fiasco.

This is still a few months away but it would be nice to know what's going to happen.

The feeling I got from a T-45 IP and a C-2 pilot was that the command in Kingsville understands that whatever makes momma happy makes everyone happy. I'm not looking forward to having to leave my house at 0300 for a 0500 brief, but it beats the alternative.

Don't mean to make this thread about my personal issues. Probably more suited for PMs. What kind of houses are guys down there finding if they decide to go that route?

I plan on making a trip down there soon to see what kind of drive I'm dealing with, check out the area, etc. I've heard the drive can be hairy with the speeds that the locals travel at through Chapman Ranch. I'm pretty sure that's one reason they like to have everyone living in Kingsville.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
those are some pretty good extenuating circumstances

obviously no one here can tell you what the command will say, but those seem like pretty good reasons

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Well you will never brief before 0600 at the squadron and at the earliest 0530 in the sims. The Chapman Ranch 500 is insane so good luck with that. BTW, I lived in Hawks like squeeze and punk and they now adjust your rent for your rank..new management...sucks...and utilities can be steep, but its still prob your best bet. Hopefully you won't have to move...as punk said..extenuating circumstances. I also know guys have rented houses out in town for as little as 700 a month...

petescheu

Unless you have like an 80 NSS I wouldn't be counting your chickens before they hatch man... selection is so totally random. Even if you do get jets it doesn't guarantee the Rok either... Don't mean to be a jackass, just don't want the bubble getting burst.
Yeah pretty much Hawks and Hunters are the only places there. Some people I know got in together and got a house out by the college. That's not so bad if you could pull it off, and it would probably cost no more than the two apts... their rent rate is OUTRAGEOUS for the amount of square footage you get. Really pissed me off when i was there. It all sucks, Kingsville is a dump, so just learn to love it for a year. At least the Chilis is there now....

kray1395

BTW, there is a good wait for advanced after finishing at VT-31. What's the word on the stash jobs that they are giving out for those waiting to class up? And in case anyone knows, has anyone attached to TW-2 been able to get a stash job at NASCC?? It would suck to make that drive everyday to do nothing but make copies for the chaplain or something like that.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
brd2881 said:
they now adjust your rent for your rank..new management...sucks...and utilities can be steep, but its still prob your best bet.

Well, that blows. In that case, live out in town and avoid that bullshit scam. Rank/Pay adjusted rent is a load of crap, and they only get away with it because it's a PPV project.

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Dude, I am so sick of Chili's....I don't think I could ever eat there again...and Ironnads, I agree with shoo..you really can't bank on anything in naval aviation...especially the training command side of things...

Samtucker79

Looking As Well

Hey Gents.
I am moving to Kingsvillel in late Jan. Wanted to rent a house (bringin g the Mrs and Dog with me)...but not sure after reading this forum. I am an O-3, just checked the DoD web page and saw that BAH will be $975 a month. Any chance getting a decent place for that price. If you have any recommendations..please let me know. Send me an E-Mail at Samtucker79@yahoo.com.

Cheers...Happy New Year,

Sam

Chubby

Ironnads said:
Dude, what's your secret? I'm doing pretty darn well in the program, and I'm half way through RI's (two weeks left, yeah!), but I'm not even looking that far down the road. How are you so sure you'll even end up in K'rock, or jets for that matter?