• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kingsville Cell Service

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
I am in the market for new cell service due to the fact that I keep blowing through my minutes and my wallet cries every time. Before I sign up with anyone I was hoping that those of you in the 'Ville could let me know what wireless provider you have and how the coverage is. In general are you happy with the service? Comments on cell phones themselves would also be helpful. Thanks for the help.

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
I would go At&t............and get an I phone. It worked for me.

TheGreatWaldo

pilot
I've got Sprint right now and the reception is fine. Can't really help you out with any advice on plans....I share a plan with my bro. The only thing that sucks is they don't have a Sprint store anywhere here in Krock...but I guess that goes for any other phone service as well.

FYI Wal-Mart has generic phone chargers that fit most phones anyways just in case you leave your charger at your friend's house in San Antonio!

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm in week 2 with the iPhone. it's awesome. Of course I have no idea about AT&T coverage in Kingsville though.

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
Verizon works great down here, a lot of us have it. LG VX8700, great phone. Although an iphone would be cool, I hear ATT sucks.

phrogpilot73

If you do decide on Sprint, make sure you go with the SERO plans. They are dirt cheap. All of them include unlimited data. www.sprint.com/sero for details. Yes, you need an "employee referral" email, but there's a generic one for anyone to use: savings@sprintemi.com. Merry Christmas. And no, I don't have Sprint - I have AT&T.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
If you have a .mil e-mail address you can get a discount on your AT&T phone bill, somewhere between 10-18%. I'll look around for the link!

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
I have AT&T and I got good service in Kingsville. Never had a problem with my phone down there either (Sony Ericson).

Verizon works great down here, a lot of us have it. LG VX8700, great phone. Although an iphone would be cool, I hear ATT sucks.

Go verizon. Best coverage (in general, research it) for all Navy bases. Thinking long term when you get to your gun squadron.

nugget81

pilot
Over a month with the iPhone and it still rocks...

Especially with the latest software update! Googlemaps can determine your position (without the use of GPS) within a fairly decent radius, the keyboard moves sideways too now, open email attachments (Word and Excel docs), and multiple recipient text messaging is possible. These were all common complaints about the iPhone when I researched it before Christmas....I couldn't be happier with it!