• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kimber Ultra CDP II

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Anyone shot this? Or have an opinion? Thinking about geting one and I"m not sure if it's worth the $1000.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
I have owned the Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II for about 4 years, about 2,000 rounds. Never a problem. Great piece.

Worth $1,000, tough call but probably not. I think I paid $1,200 but that is Maryland.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Not bad little weapons, but for the money, I personally prefer the "Pro" models...full-size grip, 4-inch slide...small enough to conceal easily, but still has most of the benefits of a full-size 5-incher.

I think the Ultra models are smaller-framed, 3 1/2" barrel guns, right? Too lazy to look at www.kimberamerica.com right now, plus I'm wondering if my memory serves me correctly. ;)

Love the CDP melt job, though...:drools:

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The Chief said:
I have owned the Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II for about 4 years, about 2,000 rounds. Never a problem. Great piece.....
I finall went over and actually LOOKED at Kimber's website --- I never felt the need when I have "> several " Colts to choose from:). I cannot believe all the variants!! How do they manage to produce such a wide variety cost effectively? Hmmmmm .... I guess they don't have to if they charge $1000+ per unit ?? :)

But they look nice ...
Chief -- can you get your "pinky" on the bottom of the grip??? Or does it hang out there ???

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Pinky does not quite make it. Sorta hangs down hehehe.

Kimber something else. All new equipment. All guns (save shotguns) made entirely inhouse. Test all the incomming steel to their specs. I asked "what if you get some that does not meet specs". After looking at on another, "well we go ahead and use it, we make on the spot decision and never had to send any back, but we would if it is too far out of specs". Quick on his feet!!

Understand they will begin making own shotguns later this year or early next. They do command a lot of $$ for the guns.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Chief said:
They do command a lot of $$ for the guns.

I view them like I view HK... they're good looking and a I want one... but they're over priced.

Flaps2

Ultra CDP II

I recently aquired an Ultra CDP II, and I am very pleased with it. I have went thru a bunch of compact pistols over the last 15 years, in search of something that I really felt comfortable with for concealed carry, and the Kimber has finally fit the bill. It shoots beautifully, the balance is excellent, the fit an finish compare favorably with a custom 1911 I have. The weapon is light enough to carry all day and forget it is there, yet the recoil is easily managed, and like any good 1911, it is easy to reaquire the target quickly after recoil. I have no hesitation in recommending this weapon to anyone looking for a compact weapon.

Flaps

Lights Out

actually went and shot the ultra carry II about a day ago great gun...very compact but has the stopping power my 9mm doesnt, i too have been drooling over one of these for possible acquirement. However i realized quickly that i dont think i would like it with out a laser, i think it really helped a whole lot but thats just me

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
If you're REALLY gonna "carry" in civie-street ... for 99% of the masses ... get a Colt or S&W .38 Special revolver -- i.e., a snubbie. And then learn how to USE it well & consistently even w/ the crappy sights.

The rest is "too hard" OR "firearms vanity". You've been watchin' too many movies ... :)

Lights Out

haha well it may just be that Im used to markings on the sights i.e. my glock (which i am extremely comfortable with) however the kimber i shot was just plain black which i thought maybe a little difficult to line up quickly in a dark or low lighted area (although most encounters take place at close range...i forget exactly) but like i said thats just me...however it was a solid little gun... btw how does concealment policy work on/off base? I know different states have different laws would different bases be different as well?

DawgPoundfa

None
I own a Kimber Ultra Carry II and I love the compact size of it for concealed carry. It shoots very well and I have no problem holding it considering the size of it. Yes they are exspensive but sometimes you can get one for a good price at a gun show. I obtained mine at a gun show for only $800, and it had only had about 100 rounds put through it.