• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

'Killing Fields' Survivor Dith Pran Dies

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif] NEW YORK (AP) - Dith Pran, the Cambodian-born journalist whose harrowing tale of enslavement and eventual escape from that country's murderous Khmer Rouge revolutionaries in 1979 became the subject of the award-winning film "The Killing Fields," died Sunday. He was 65.

[/FONT]AP Story .....

pranthekillingfieldsoc8.jpg
pran1vt4.jpg

HuggyU2

None
Pretty young. But he had some hard miles on him. An exceptional human. God speed, Mr Pran.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
That movie really makes you appreciate being fortunate enough to be an American. With a 4.5% chance of being an American, we are born into unlimited opportunity. It pisses me off when you see people that are unappreciative losers, leaching off of American society. Fcvk Mississippi....vent over.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
That's depressing, he was so young.

One of my bitterest memories was watching a special on "The Killing Fields" with a LAMPS squadron mate and his wife. The reporter said something about some of his extended family being in the states to visit but having to leave because their Visa's were up. They both shouted, "Good!" at the same time and then went on to say how "..'Merica don't need no more foreigners". Texans...

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
That's depressing, he was so young.

One of my bitterest memories was watching a special on "The Killing Fields" with a LAMPS squadron mate and his wife. The reporter said something about some of his extended family being in the states to visit but having to leave because their Visa's were up. They both shouted, "Good!" at the same time and then went on to say how "..'Merica don't need no more foreigners". Texans...

Hey now, don't lump all us Texans in the same boat. Personally I'm all for folks from other countries coming over here as long as they do it legally. It's the illegals who leach off of us that I can't stand.

- end threadjack

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Hey now, don't lump all us Texans in the same boat. Personally I'm all for folks from other countries coming over here as long as they do it legally. It's the illegals who leach off of us that I can't stand.
- end threadjack

I knew I'd get a rise out of someone ;)

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
He came to my High school in NJ! I can't believe he died.
Well, Jimmy, everbody that went to your high school is going to die someday.

Now, lets talk about those funny feelings you've been having when you climb the rope in gym class.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You know ... some of you guys are really idiots. You are fools w/ little or no appreciation for what counts in life. No names necessary .... it's obvious who I'm talkin' about ...