• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Key West CQ

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Finally someone else understands! I was viciously attacked while camping at Key West some 12 years ago and I still bear the physical and emotional scars of my ordeal.

Brett

The Manatee is the only creature on Earth to beat Chuck Norris.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
WARNING: THOSE EMOTIONALLY ATTATCHED TO FAT LUMBERING SEA COWS MAY BE OFFENDED...

Brett327 said:
I still bear the physical and emotional scars of my ordeal.
Fly Navy said:
But then... who or what did this?
deadprop2_sm.jpg

KBayDog

Fly Navy said:

No, no, no - The manatee beat one of the early-model attempts at a Chuck Norris clone...sort of:

Chuck Norris wanted the "clone" destroyed (he didn't want the world mistaking a pussified clone of himself for the real deal - even Mr. Norris knows how the media could twist such a thing), so he decided to have a little fun.

He picked the manatee up by its tail, beat the "clone" to death with it, then used the "clone's" facial hair to carve up the manatee to serve as a warning to Greenpeace.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Q. I don’t understand how touching manatees can be harmful to them. They’re so big! I could never hurt them and besides, if they don’t like it, they could just swim away.[/COLOR]
A.[/B] Touching manatees can alter their behavior in the wild, perhaps causing them to leave warm water areas, making them susceptible to potential harm. When manatees are in colder water, they expend valuable energy just to keep warm. This leaves little energy left for other important body functions, such as digestion. Pursuing a manatee while diving, swimming or boating may inadvertently separate a mother and calf.

cold water.... isnt this florida?

Fly Navy... i think this is what you were thinking of.

thongforman.jpg

and lastly...

Wasnt this thread about

de·tach·ment ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-tchmnt)
n.

5. The dispatch of a military unit, such as troops or ships, from a larger body for a special duty or mission.
The unit so dispatched.
A permanent unit, usually smaller than a platoon, organized for special duties
www.dictionary.com

im really really really bored.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^Manatees are certainly applicable to a Key West Detachment. They ought to be part of everyone's individual ORM calculus.

@ Eddie: There's no doubt that the pictured manatee was injured by some kind of recreational vessel. This is the point, my friends. The carnivorous manatee was borne out of the amount of boating related injuries which their species has sustained. It is for this reason that a certain sect has developed a craving for human flesh. Let there be no mistake - they're out for revenge!

Brett

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
eddie said:
WARNING: THOSE EMOTIONALLY ATTATCHED TO FAT LUMBERING SEA COWS MAY BE OFFENDED...

But then... who or what did this?
deadprop2_sm.jpg

Mmmmmm good...Manatee Jerky...enough for all my kin. :icon_tong

Sundown

Eight-year-olds, Dude...
Manatees are ruining Florida's recreational fishing. Save a fishermen...eat a manatee.