• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Key West Billeting

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Trumbo point is nice. Truman annex is a closer walk to Duval St and has better beach access.

Renegade One

None
Some nice beach cottages at Truman…sleeps maybe 4 comfortably?…I don't remember how many BRs, but the location is nice.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
The Fly Navy building is close to Duval and has a nice bar to hang out at while waiting for that one dude who is always last. That building may or may not be Trumbo point...I'm not sure.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
The Fly Navy building is close to Duval and has a nice bar to hang out at while waiting for that one dude who is always last. That building may or may not be Trumbo point...I'm not sure.

The Fly Navy is on Trumbo Point. That is generally the standard place to stay in my experience, but Truman Annex is closer to everything so I'm not exactly sure why.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Concur with the bar in the Fly Navy building but it's a longer walk to Duval St and a longer crawl/stumble home. The other location is easy enough to make it back to when blacked out or so I'm told.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Concur with the bar in the Fly Navy building but it's a longer walk to Duval St and a longer crawl/stumble home. The other location is easy enough to make it back to when blacked out or so I'm told.
Longer is relative in Key West, you're talking 3-4 blocks at the most.

OscarMyers

None
+1 for Truman annex. Much closer/nicer stumble to Duval with the green parrot on the way. The beach access is nice and I'm pretty sure that's where they rent out bikes. Its also super close to the southern most point and the Hemingway house if you're into the whole touristy thing.

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
Just got back from 3 weeks down there. Trumbo point and the Fly Navy is pretty standard as far as where to stay. Rooms are nice, wifi is decent and location is great. They have a board for schedules and key drop boxes you can use for rentals. Rent a bike and you can get anywhere in 5-10 minutes. Sailors were happy we put them in Truman. Apparently they have kitchenettes. Buildings for the Q at Truman are on the far southern side so I'd venture to say it's a same length stumble back to either.

VS FO

pilot
None
Truman Annex is a little closer to Duval. The rooms there and at Fly Navy (Trumbo Point) are pretty comparable. Not sure about wi-fi at Truman though. Also, keep in mind all check-ins are done at Fly Navy so you will have to coordinate a taxi or ride from Fly Navy to Truman after you check in. If you have any problems (room key doesn't work etc) you have to go all the way back to Fly Navy. Otherwise there isn't much difference.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
I've done both.

What everyone else said.

Truman annex is closer and good.

Fly Navy (Trumbo Point) is where you check in. Its a bit of a hike to Duval but good. Get a bike.

Avoid Boca Chica.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Don't know how many people are going and for how long but Trumbo also has some 3 bedroom houses you can rent with a full kitchens, living rooms and patios.