• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

keepin up w/ the boys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brotherrat07

I have bout a 19:00-30ish run time.....will i be running w/ guys? or are girls separate?[im a chick] will be fighting a mass blob of people? i heard we start out w/ this huge cow herd of people and that really sucks cause it can slow ya down. will i be towards the front, middle or luggin in the rear? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

rahall79

At OCS, males and females are seperate from what I gather. You only have to worry about your run time during the PFT, so I wouldn't worry too much. I have been told during actual OCS the faster runners get put in the back to catch strays and motivate.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Males and females are separate. Most of the PT runs we got divided into 3 packs. Slow, medium, and fast. Slow isn't that slow there, though. My usual PFT was about 19 min, and I was definitely in the medium category. The "motivation" we got was from the DIs, which I could do without! Of course this is now 10 years ago, but the formula can't have changed that much, I hope!

rutherfj

IIRC, the first PFT is en masse, company wide. Male and Female platoons run together, but I believe that will be the only time prior to the 'fun' runs toward the end of the cycle.

Good Luck

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
The PFT is run at the same time by both the males and females. If you've ever run a road race or a cross country race, the start is pretty much like that. They tell the faster runners to be at the front of the starting line, so they do not stay back to catch strays and motivate. Since the PFT is a graded event, it is pointless for them to do that. The rest of the PT runs are divided up by squads within platoons, with the squads being broken down into fast, medium, and slow runners.

manny7_99

sooo?

phrogdriver said:
Males and females are separate. Most of the PT runs we got divided into 3 packs. Slow, medium, and fast. Slow isn't that slow there, though. My usual PFT was about 19 min, and I was definitely in the medium category. The "motivation" we got was from the DIs, which I could do without! Of course this is now 10 years ago, but the formula can't have changed that much, I hope!

what is the time for "fast"? I might as well go into the "reverse" group then. :eek:
J/K
~Manny
Pre-Olympic Runner

RyanVR

Fast is prob 19 or less i would guess.

(just a general guess from what i saw when i ran the PFT at the mini-OCS in wisconsin)

manny7_99

I was actually being humurous, I am probably at medium level right now and working on it. what's the slug group? remedial I suposse.
Keep on trucking

~Manny

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
fast is a comforatble sub 18 like 17:30 and less medium are 18:30-20:00 and "slows are 20:00 to 22:00 if you dont run a sub 22 you will have a very hard time at OCS. This is also about 10 years old but shold be current

manny7_99

ha! and I thought I was doing good in the 19-20 range, I'd type more but I feel the need of hitting the track right now!! See ya' in a few laps

Darkness

Ehh, its not that bad, I was there in 3 years ago and in the initial PFT I ran a 25 somethin! Most that would normally run 18 ran in the 20-21 range. In the end I eneded up running a 20.20. (I'm a big mofo)

Status
Not open for further replies.