• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Keepin A Car At OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuggerat

Hey guys has anyone kept a car at OCS so u can have some way to get away from Pensacola during liberty?... If u keep contraband vitamins and stuff in the car during OCS when is there ever time to go get it, i assume only when ur granted liberty..?
alien_125.gif

solenita72

SWO Wife
There are times that you can go out to check on your car, start it up and let it run for a while. My husband did this and he enjoyed the little bit of time that he could go and sit in his car.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
You can go out to your car at night times. Not at first, but after a few weeks. So, it behoves you to have a car at OCS. Also a ride for weekend liberty is a plus.

Dave

grouch

Keep your cell phone, cookies, motrin, and whatever you need in your car and get it on POV run. No big deal.

NavyNCSU

You will also appreciate the freedom that a car provides. When you don't want to go where everyone else is going and you don't want to depend on anyone for a ride, having a car is a blessing. It's great for storage, too.
I would have been miserable without my little "home" on the seawall that I could go to periodically, talk on the cell phone in private, and basically just be by myself.

Kim

I agree a car is a good idea especially if you are staying for API, I wouldn't burn leaving having to drive your car back so you can have it during API. If you drive to OCS they pay you for your travel days. Just remember it is by the sea wall so there is salt spray, my parking brake rusted in the brake position! I know some people brought car covers. Good luck.

psrogers

Intel Officer
I'm planning on driving my truck down from Seattle. A good road trip vacation before the spit hits the fan.
My recruiter told me that I could get a loaner truck cover at NAS Pensacola when I arrived. Anyone know anything about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.