• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just Selected MV-22...now what?

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
I just classed up today with HT-18 and I was hoping that someone here could tell me how long the FRS is. Since I have all the info for Intermediate TH-57 and C-12, it is the last piece of the puzzle. Unfortunately, no one here seems to be able to answer my questions - and all the tilt studs are wondering...

Is there a syllabus, similar to the JPPT or MPTS, that is available for us to look at? ( I tried CNATRA ebookbag but the link is broken)

Figure out how to hover first and get wings first. Then dig up the gouge on the FRS, you'll get plenty of knowledge on how to fuck up everyone's pattern at KNCA and KNKX when you get there...

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
I just classed up today with HT-18 and I was hoping that someone here could tell me how long the FRS is. Since I have all the info for Intermediate TH-57 and C-12, it is the last piece of the puzzle. Unfortunately, no one here seems to be able to answer my questions - and all the tilt studs are wondering...

Is there a syllabus, similar to the JPPT or MPTS, that is available for us to look at? ( I tried CNATRA ebookbag but the link is broken)

Yes there is all that stuff (ebookbag, syllabus stuff, gouge, etc.). When you guys get through review stage in C-12 land, PM me and I will send you some stuff to get you started.

Right now just worry about down right idle turn....

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot

It's about four months long. They'll give you a bunch of books and gouge so just have someone invite you to the 204 drop box and you're good to go. Its professionally produced so its actually quality stuff. The NATOPS is 1,800+ pages so don't get to thinking you're gonna get a head start. It's a waste of time. Most of the sim guys and instructors were really cool so that helps but theres a lot of stuff to know about this technological terror. You select duty stations at Corpus.

Selection varies week to week just like anywhere else.

Syllabus? Dude, just show up and do your computer based training. There's a lot of it at first. You have plenty of time to learn about the T&R manual when you get to your first squadron.

Pro tip: don't piss off the gentleman who runs ops at 204. Just do what he tells you and stfu.

I thought helos was really hard so just worry about that and don't slack off during forms and get your bag smashed on your last flight like I did. Form in a helo is different than in a v-22 but it has a lot of similarities.

If you have any other questions about how helos relate to V-22s let me know. I always wondered about that when I was at HTs and no one there knew or gave a shit.