• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just Selected MV-22...now what?

bud8705

I have attempted to read the "All Things Osprey Thread, but I don't know if it has what I'm looking for. I just selected Tilt Rotor last week, I'm pretty pumped for it. Does anyone have any idea of how the training pipeline works? The only thing I know right now is that I'm heading down to South Whiting for 10.5 weeks for some helo action.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
Welcome to the exciting world of plop-tation! You'll do some helo shit, then you'll do the whole multi syllabus before you head out to New River for some plopter shit.

KBayDog

The only thing I know right now is that I'm heading down to South Whiting for 10.5 weeks for some helo action.

You're welcome.

Basically, when you get to NDZ, you'll go through the ground school syllabus, CPTs, 10 Contact "B" flights, three tactics flights, two transfams (Contact "C"), two night contacts, a few BI sims/EP sims, three form flights, and the NVG sim.

You'll then go to Corpus to do the multi-engine thing; I'll let someone with better knowledges of that syllabus chime.

The HT syllabus, while short, is an aggressive one with little slop time. Enjoy your time between VTs and HTs - when you get to NDZ, you're going to hit the ground running. Be ready to work.

dtxz

Looks Lost
pilot
Don't blow off your time in the HTs, don't be a douche, and, most importantly, do not fail anything. Since you're from Corpus, you'll live in the BOQ. Pack light and keep the rest in a storage unit in Corpus. Try to get rid of your lease in Corpus if you can so you can maximize your per diem checks.

If you're the type of guy that likes to look ahead, memorize your limits, read the systems book, and start learning your EPs.. in that order. Don't bother looking at the Aero text ahead of time. Course rules are much more detailed than the 'head towards the ocean and turn' CR you're used to; use Google Earth to your advantage.

If you want a link to the HT Dropbox, PM me.

WinterMute

Any news on how tilt-rotor studs are selecting duty stations? IE, Luck of the draw, cumulative scores, or just ranking out of Maritime Advanced?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Chicken bones, a lock of hair from a native child, seven sided dice, a mainframe, two roosters in a locked cage, and a four leaf clover found at the end of a rainbow will all be used to determine your duty station.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Go ahead and throw your watch away and forget all navigation and map reading skills you learned at TBS. You'll be well on your way.

WinterMute

Chicken bones, a lock of hair from a native child, seven sided dice, a mainframe, two roosters in a locked cage, and a four leaf clover found at the end of a rainbow will all be used to determine your duty station.
So... Exactly like every other platform, only more so? I don't recall the seven sided dice for the helo bubbas. Anyway, I assume the takeaway is the generic "Needs of the service, then quality spread, then your puny human wants, needs, and wishes"

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Pm me when you get closer to 204. There's some good gouge out there. There's been some geeks go through since I went through.

Posted with iPad tapatalk

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Go ahead and throw your watch away and forget all navigation and map reading skills you learned at TBS. You'll be well on your way.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be at the designated grid when a Harrier decides to drop a bomb on it anyway.

kallen0611

I have attempted to read the "All Things Osprey Thread, but I don't know if it has what I'm looking for. I just selected Tilt Rotor last week, I'm pretty pumped for it. Does anyone have any idea of how the training pipeline works? The only thing I know right now is that I'm heading down to South Whiting for 10.5 weeks for some helo action.

I just classed up today with HT-18 and I was hoping that someone here could tell me how long the FRS is. Since I have all the info for Intermediate TH-57 and C-12, it is the last piece of the puzzle. Unfortunately, no one here seems to be able to answer my questions - and all the tilt studs are wondering...

Is there a syllabus, similar to the JPPT or MPTS, that is available for us to look at? ( I tried CNATRA ebookbag but the link is broken)