• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just selected Meridian today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappu411

Naval Aviator
whats up forum... just got picked up for jets and i wanna see if anyone knows the gouge on living arrangments @ nas meridian,,, do they make you live in the Q if yur single or is it ok to go off base... if so, any recomendations as to where i should be for off base apartments close by. I read thru a bunch of posts , it looks like the thing to do is enjoy the time off and not study too much. sounds good. how long is the wait, my squardon here @ whiting said i have a tentative class up date of 25 april 05, how accurate is that? any info/gouge will be helpful... see you fellas soon

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, like Pat said, live wherever you want. The base housing office can help you with finding a place, that's how my roommates and I found our house. I definitely recommend getting a house with some folks. Not many good apartments other than Northwoods and Woodlands. They're also expensive.

Your tentative class-up date is just that, tentative. I was originally 15 Jan, then moved to 14 Feb, now I'm 28 Feb. Go figure. It's annoying. Did I mention I selected on 2 Sep and have been here since 5 Oct? Yeah. Welcome to hell indeed.

You'll do some ungraded sims when you're waiting in the pool. They're good in the respect that you can fiddle with the aircraft, but they can be a pain in the ass. Getting yelled at for stuff you couldn't know unless you took systems is annoying. It is kind of funny when they think you're a BI student though.

Just kick back, study a little before the sims, and enjoy your time off. Watch out though, everyone tends to spend a lot of money while waiting to start.

Most people just wake up, muster, go to the gym, then do whatever.

USAdefender

GO STATE!!!
i'm from meridian and i just want to say that i agree whole heartedly with yall about the town being crap. but i will say this, if yall ever need to have a good time, hit the larger cities nearby. meridian is about the same distance to mobile, memphis, and the big easy, so go have fun there. what's gonna be funny is if i end up back in meridian for training. that would suck. join the navy to see the world and where do i get sent? BACK HOME! any way, you guys enjoy meridian if you can. also, if yall like i can tell ya where ya can find a few hot spots in meridian though. a lot of the girls in town are eager to meet up with some of the a-schoolers, even more so for the officers in training. the odds are in your favor.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
All the girls I've seen are either in high school, pregnant, or taken. Are there single attractive girls in this town?

l7le

Michael W said:
I'm sorry, I may be naive, but what exactly is wrong with high schoolers?

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."

Wooderson from the movie Dazed and Confused

USAdefender

GO STATE!!!
Well, considering that meridian has five public high schools, three private schools, and a community college, there is plenty of hot chics just waitin to get there hands on a navy pilot. (i.e., meridian is a lot like "An Officer and a Gentleman" type place). These girls are just wantin to have a good time. well most of them anyway.

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
USAdefender said:
meridian has five public high schools, three private schools, and a community college

Sounds like someone did their homework...

Advance reconnaissance at its best!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, I see some future pedophiles on our hands. Maybe you guys would be more comfortable down at VT-3.

dufault.2

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that when USAdefender said "hot chics", he meant overwieght, 40-something divorcees at Hojo.

BTW-that vt-3 shot was totally bush league...I approve.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
All the girls I've seen are either in high school, pregnant, or taken. Are there single attractive girls in this town?
Sounds alot like Whidbey. We use the acronym MULE (married, ugly, large, enlisted) to refer to the local female populace.

Good times,

Brett

beau

You saying all my former bitaches at Oak Harbor elementry grew up to be hogs??? Man those ladies had an impact on me in First grade!! Can't be true right?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.