• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just selected, and got....

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hey, after being stuck at the hold short for 15+ min every time I go fly because you're always "min fuel," I feel it's justified.

You mean the 3 min delay followed by the 10 mins it takes to taxi in position and hold?

Oh God, this. EVERYONE is min fuel when behind a P-3 because it takes so damn long to take off.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Oh God, this. EVERYONE is min fuel when behind a P-3 because it takes so damn long to take off.
Lol. So much hyperbole here with pet axes to grind. Each airframe has different requirements in the pattern. Jet guys have limited fuel. Let them launch first and get on with their training. No big deal except when it get egregious with a 30 min wait to launch when I'm trying to leave the airspace. Helo guys plodding along slow in and around the pattern but they need the instrument training approaches also. P3s especially in whidbey we have the legs and fuel to make it over the mountains and hit so many other airfields to train at that we have to ourselves. I always wanted to cry in frustration when a pilot wanted to stay in the whidbey pattern. Wtf dude. Go somewhere else. Same with Jax.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Lol. So much hyperbole here with pet axes to grind. Each airframe has different requirements in the pattern. Jet guys have limited fuel. Let them launch first and get on with their training. No big deal except when it get egregious with a 30 min wait to launch when I'm trying to leave the airspace. Helo guys plodding along slow in and around the pattern but they need the instrument training approaches also. P3s especially in whidbey we have the legs and fuel to make it over the mountains and hit so many other airfields to train at that we have to ourselves. I always wanted to cry in frustration when a pilot wanted to stay in the whidbey pattern. Wtf dude. Go somewhere else. Same with Jax.

I've never understood why people go 90 knots in the Jax pattern. That's just poor time management.

My complaint (and for the record it is anti-hyperbolic) is waiting for P-3s in something other than a helo and I literally was min fuel at the hold short. It's not that I don't get the 40 minutes it takes a CAT 1 to initiate a take off, it's the complete lack of SA of the IP who takes the runway and then sits there but won't let someone pop ahead of him (or her) for an intersection take off that will take 10 seconds before he takes the runway.

Ironically, the one time I knew I was behind @webmaster in this exact situation was the one time I didn't have to wait. LL took off. I took off. And everyone was happy and had plenty of gas.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
[QUOTE="Gatordev, post: 877852, member: 10]

Ironically, the one time I knew I was behind @webmaster in this exact situation was the one time I didn't have to wait. LL took off. I took off. And everyone was happy and had plenty of gas.[/QUOTE]Damnit. You're right. I fucked up that time. I should have taken my time. Opportunity lost and all that! :)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
"Hold short, traffic is a helo on an 8 mi final."

FUCK!
I'm sure this is all tracom controllers. I called countless times ready for departure and was told to hold for landing traffic. Then a T-1/T-6/T-38 called the FAF with the gear... 5 miles from touchdown... like, really bro? I get that you're not Kennedy tower, but I think 5+ miles is a good enough interval.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Nope, Pax River. Considering the approach speed of a T-38 is about 160 - 180 KCAS, that's not very long.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

FUCK!
c7c05f558c0ac4fa3d065fc11c74afcf.gif

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Damnit. You're right. I fucked up that time. I should have taken my time. Opportunity lost and all that! :)

Don't worry, you're people screwed me over enough times at PHNG to make up for it. At least then I wasn't short on gas, just patience.

FUCK!

You may be referring to Pax, but it sounds like Mayport.

Last edited:

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot

Don't worry you'll pretty much never see the P-8 dudes in the pattern in Whidbey. GPWS call outs on every downwind.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Don't worry you'll pretty much never see the P-8 dudes in the pattern in Whidbey. GPWS call outs on every downwind.

I'm looking forward to that. Sat at the hold short for 20 minutes tonight trying to get out with 2 P-3s and 3 Growlers in the pattern.