• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just got sent to collections over a $7 unpaid toll, will that affect my ocs package?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just found out that when my dad drove my car through the State of Colorado 6 months ago he went through a toll and never paid it. The bills were mailed to my mom's house and she never gave me any of the letters (until today) a letter dated 12/13/23 states I was being sent to collections over the unpaid toll (and the $20 late fee now bringing the total up to $27) and have until 1/22/24 to dispute it. When I saw the letter I immediately went online and paid it but I am wondering if I need to dispute it in order to be accepted into OCS. I have read that being sent to collections can hurt your chances of joining the military. I would try and dispute it either way because my credit is perfect and I will be really upset to have it take because of this(i literally pay my credit card off twice a month because im so anal about it). I am honestly more worried about how it will affect my OCS package. Will disputing it even change the outcome or did a $7 toll ruin my chances of my dream career? I also realize that this is a question for my recruiter but he said he wont be responding to any work messages until the 4th and I want an idea of what I can do before talking to him.

Last edited:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Isn’t this how John Walker got his start in the espionage business?

Just kidding! No one will notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.