• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just Got My OAR Results

ray25017

LW,

Sorry if I don't understand... Can you or anyone else explain the special program that only requires you to take the ASTB, complete a physical, and pass the PRT to get into the Nuclear or any other program.

I haven't heard of a way to get accepted without being pro'recd by a board and, in time, offered a final select. And, speaking of final select, isn't a security clearance (or at least its initiation) required?

Again, I apologize if I'm missing something, but it seems like your skipping some of the steps that everyone else must go through...

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
I was a former Nuke applicant before switching to Aviation. The only way to get into Nuke is to go through the app process for it, and then the NTO's (nuclear trained officers) at CNRC will either recommend you or not for the next step, which is usually the VIP trip.

Everyone on the VIP trip has the necessary reqs and they feel would be invited to interview with the admiral. The interviews are technical in nature (calc and physics probs and some others from your major) and then a final interview w/ the admiral.

After that, then your package goes to DC and you find out if you get invited to interview with the admiral. Getting an interview is a HUGE deal and not everyone gets one. I did not, even though I had NTO's and my OR in my corner making calls on my behalf. In the end, i'm happy with where I am and will hopefully be going.

But I know that for nuke, you dont have to take the ASTB and we had to pass MEPS and do a PRT before having our package sent to DC.

So not sure what the "special program" actually is or if maybe the OP just misunderstood.

ray25017

Thanks, CUPike11. See LW, what CUPike11 wrote was logical and right on track with what every other applicant goes through -- except you, apparently (with your 'special' program).

Ok... it's official... this guy has to be trolling for a response or is legitimately retarded. In any case, I'm praying that he never makes it to Newport.

lw016591

thanks CUPike11 thats the special program i'm going through and was told it was special no one's trolling, but thanks for the explanation CUPike11

E

ebolamonkey

Read up the ASTB OAR gouge on the forums and you should easily make it into the 50s if not 60s.