• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just Got My OAR Results

lw016591

I just took the OAR today, and got a 42, i'm ready to rock and roll as an officer what community do you guys think would be the best with my score? I'm a Comp Sci graduate.. if that helps

ray25017

hey, with a 42 you should go ahead and apply (assuming you have all your docs in order and ready for submission). But, with that low of a score, I'd certainly retake the test... Really look to be in the 50s. If you look at the curve set by NOMI, you'll see that a 42 is at the lower end of the spectrum.

Personally, I scored a 42 my first time and was a non-select. Retook it, got a 52 and was pro rec'd (intel).

Good luck...

BullGator

I just took the OAR today, and got a 42, i'm ready to rock and roll as an officer what community do you guys think would be the best with my score? I'm a Comp Sci graduate.. if that helps
Heh. Are we being punked? :) The most important decision you will make in some time, and you want others to "choose it" for you? And not only that, but off of one score and your major? -At least give us all 4 scores. Hehe. :D

You can definitely apply with that score, as long as the rest of your package is complete (and you passed your PRT, depending on your district if that is needed before applying). You probably won't get picked up for some of the more competitive slots like PAO and possibly SNA/NFO. But you could. You won't know unless you apply. Foremost, research each designator you may be interested in doing. :icon_wink

lw016591

I have an idea of what i want to do bud lol, but i want to get the opinion of others lol, thanks for comments fellas, i'm getting my security clearance next woo hoo

oh and i definitely retake later in my 31 days, but i will move forward with submitting my packet

BullGator

lw016591 said:
oh and i definitely retake later in my 31 days, but i will move forward with submitting my packet
That is cool man. But when you submit your package you will need to list 1-3 designators (in order of preference)... ;)

This site and NavyOCS.com are excellent sources for info on individual designators. You get first hand, detailed testimonials on what the lifestyles are like, the training is like, your job is like, bonuses, ect. Just look into the individual forums on AW and NavyOCS.com on different designators. Some examples are: SNA, SNFO, SWO, Intel, Supply, ect... If you want to go SWO NUKE http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60 you will need to have taken Calculus (forget which level?). ...Just look into them, and if you want to be a naval officer and absolutely don't care which designator you get: talk with your OR and he will recommend some less competitive designators that you can add to your list of up to 3 designator choices. Caveat: A guess, but SWOs are normally looking for applicants. Supply is also an area to check out (well, check them all out, but you get my drift).

Good luck. Let us know what you end up with. :)

EDIT: I also believe that the NUKE guys need Physics w/ Calc...

lw016591

Nuke

i have a friend that went nuke, i think its a cool route, but i can't go nuke because the physics i took doesn't have cal

BullGator

? whats that supposed to mean?
I think he means he doesn't believe you are sincere. Not too many others do either if you haven't noticed. Try presenting yourself better through your grammar and so forth: act like a professional and not like you are texting your friends. Then do research on your own and come back only when you have put together articulate, thought-out questions. Good luck with that. :)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I think he means he doesn't believe you are sincere. Not too many others do either if you haven't noticed. Try presenting yourself better through your grammar and so forth: act like a professional and not like you are texting your friends. Then do research on your own and come back only when you have put together articulate, thought-out questions. Good luck with that. :)

It was more the "I got a 42, and ready to rock and roll as an officer!"

More like, "Hold on a second there, sparky". 42 is less than stellar. I'd take it again before packing up my seabag. That score isn't likely to get you accepted.

lw016591

Good points no problem, I plan on taking the OAR again at the end of this month, I have to go and get my physical and do the pft. After I do these things, I will find out if I've been accepted. In the meantime I will be studying to take the test again for a better score.:icon_wink

ray25017

Wait, have you been professionally recommended by a selection board and, if so, for what designator? I thought you asked earlier what job you should apply for...

If you haven't been recommended by a board, passing a physical and the PRT won't get you 'accepted' (they're just two more milestones in the long journey).

If you have been pro'recd though, congrats...

lw016591

I'm going through a special program that was presented to me, I was asked if i would like to go nuke or is there any other path I would like to take, I think going Nuke is the way I'm able to go throuh this particular program