• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just Curious about an Intel Officer's Career Path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

l7le

I was just curious, what exactly is an Intel officer's career path going to look like? I've read through a lot of AirWarriors threads and SailorBob threads and they go pretty much in depth about the career paths for SWO's and pilots and aviators and whatnot. But I can't find anything for Intel, do you get sea duty first, then shore, do you get options to goto schools like NWC as an LT or do you have different schools. About the only thing I know is that Intel officers goto the NMITC after OCS. If there's another website that has info specifically aimed for Intel officers as AirWarriors and SailorBob is for their respective communities or just regular navy websites that are informative, it would all be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Loc

Logico

The Chief--

I checked out this link but am unsure what it offers and don't really want to pay for a membership unless I know what I'm getting for it. Could you or someone explain what this web-site offers?

Thanks

Logico

l7le said:
This link was helpful in giving a newbie like me a general idea.

http://sun.vmi.edu/cs452/feese/career/intel.html

Thanks! That was very helpful. Another thing to do for good info is to contact the Intel Officer Community Manager and ask questions directly to them. I am in BDCP for Intel and called them with a list of questions. I got a voicemail and was contacted by them the next day. I spoke to a LCDR who spent 25 minutes going over my questions. VERY Helpful!

Here is the link to their contact info: http://www.bupers.navy.mil/pers2/pers-21.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.