• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June Dates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geese

You guys are dangerous.
I was told last Thursday to "get my bags packed" because I'd be most likely going to OCS in June (instead of Octoberish). I'm only about 2 months into the ENTIRE application process, but they've had my package and accepted it. Hope to see some of you guys there, I don't know exactly which June date it will be yet, but needless to say this is happening a lot faster than I expected. I'll be ready though.

lthackston

Geese said:
I was told last Thursday to "get my bags packed" because I'd be most likely going to OCS in June (instead of Octoberish). I'm only about 2 months into the ENTIRE application process, but they've had my package and accepted it. Hope to see some of you guys there, I don't know exactly which June date it will be yet, but needless to say this is happening a lot faster than I expected. I'll be ready though.

What community are you applying for? I'd be interested to see who is so desperate for officers that they are accepting people before the application process is complete (if that's what you are saying).

Geese

You guys are dangerous.
lthackston said:
What community are you applying for? I'd be interested to see who is so desperate for officers that they are accepting people before the application process is complete (if that's what you are saying).
NFO, and I got more info today, 24 june is a good bet at this point. More info on friday. My package is complete at this point, but they've only had it for 2 weeks at the "board".

I'm a prior service (Army Sergeant). I graduated Magna Cum Laude from ERAU. I have a relavent degree. I am a flight instructor. I did excellent on the ASTB. My letters of recommendation were all from pretty high ranking officers. I have all my ducks in a row as far as documents, prior service records, etc. I've heard they're desperate for NFOs at times, but in this case I have so much going for me that I really shouldn't be suprised, but I don't try to boast much (but it's kind of unavoidable in this thread) and try to be humble when I can. So I guess I've pretty much set myself up for this, and I'm real excited about it. I was pretty shocked when I got the call last week from the officer-programs office. They said I better be ready to go in a matter of weeks, and they confirmed that today again, but gave me a little bit better idea of when it might be. I was expecting sometime in October, but evidently that has been thrown out of the window.

lthackston

Well, sure does sound like you have your ducks in a row. Congrats and enjoy the summer months at OCS. It's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.