• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June 2010 Boards

ryan1234

Hey, HUGE congrats on getting a slot with an F-16 unit. Honestly, that was one of my considerations. Do you mind saying which unit it's at? Did you get an alternate or were you their first choice? What were your stats (AFOQT, PCSM)? What do you think got you the slot?

I bet you're pretty stoked.

Thanks!! I'll PM you the info - but it's really awesome - I'm honestly just really, really lucky...

WEGL12

VT-28
Completed MEPS last Friday (7/30) and passed the PRT today. OR said I should have the final select by Sept 1st.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Completed MEPS last Friday (7/30) and passed the PRT today. OR said I should have the final select by Sept 1st.

What happens after you receive the FS letter?
Do you receive it through your OR or do they send it to your home address?
When is the swearing-in for the DEP?

I'm also waiting for the FS...

WEGL12

VT-28
What happens after you receive the FS letter

From what my OR told me the final select takes place after you complete MEPS, background/security check and the PRT. The MEPS and the PRT results are reviewed in Tennessee to make sure you meet the standards. You shouldn't have any problems with this part because they tell you at MEPS if you are qualified. For what I was told if they qualify you at MEPS you are good to go. I have no idea how long the background check takes. I believe I have read on here, they only have to begin the check in order to get a FS letter. At this point your package is signed off and they approve you to swear in (final select letter). As far as I know you can swear in anytime after the FS letter has been signed.

Do you receive it through your OR or do they send it to your home address?
When is the swearing-in for the DEP?

I'm also waiting for the FS...

The letter is mailed to your OR and he informs you when it comes in. I was told I would be getting a final select letter by Sept 1st, possibly sooner. I have read of several people on here waiting months to get FS letters. I asked my recruiter about this and he said they have made an effort to shorten the wait time for FS letters. He also said the longest wait he has seen was just over two months but that was a while back. Hope this helps.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor

From what my OR told me the final select takes place after you complete MEPS, background/security check and the PRT. The MEPS and the PRT results are reviewed in Tennessee to make sure you meet the standards. You shouldn't have any problems with this part because they tell you at MEPS if you are qualified. For what I was told if they qualify you at MEPS you are good to go. I have no idea how long the background check takes. I believe I have read on here, they only have to begin the check in order to get a FS letter. At this point your package is signed off and they approve you to swear in (final select letter). As far as I know you can swear in anytime after the FS letter has been signed.

The letter is mailed to your OR and he informs you when it comes in. I was told I would be getting a final select letter by Sept 1st, possibly sooner. I have read of several people on here waiting months to get FS letters. I asked my recruiter about this and he said they have made an effort to shorten the wait time for FS letters. He also said the longest wait he has seen was just over two months but that was a while back. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info man, this helps a lot!

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
joebayo- When did you go to MEPS?

WEGL12,

I went through MEPS for the full physical last year while applying to AF OTS. The Navy had me go through MEPS again but just for an inspection, an update to ensure that no medical issues had taken place since last year.

WEGL12

VT-28
Anyone get any new updates? My OR said my final select has been in the system for a few weeks but hasn't been released. I don't really know what is taking so long. Just wondering if anyone has any updates on their FS.

EDIT: Disregard my post above. My FS came in today and I will swear in this Thursday. The wait wasn’t too bad but it seemed to take forever.

SpaceApe29

Just a little over 9 years ago. I've actually been enlisted since July 2001 so there was no need to go back to MEPS.

So, I don't have to do a physical if I'm still in? I'm confused on the whole "Active-Enlisted to Naval OCS" process. What was the process after you got pro-rec'd?