• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June 2010 Boards

gstapes12

BDCP FS Pilot

I broke my collar bone around 7 years ago also. My recruiter said they just want a statement from a doctor explaining I had no long term effects from it. I asked about the x-rays and he said they weren't needed. He said they may not ask for anything since it was so long ago. If they need a statement I plan to get my doctor to write a letter saying that it completely healed.

My recruiter made it seem like the doc's note was a worst case scenario and that I should try to get the records from the hospital... So I did and now they have to find the xray and paperwork and snailmail to my NRD because they don't fax unless it's an emergency... MEPS is already becoming a hassle I just want to get it over with and get the FS

JSeibel

Does anyone have the file/list for the Supply Board results? I just went to check the nyblog and now all of the results for every community have been removed! I've been waiting on my recruiter but my nerves are about shot.

WEGL12

VT-28
My recruiter made it seem like the doc's note was a worst case scenario and that I should try to get the records from the hospital... So I did and now they have to find the xray and paperwork and snailmail to my NRD because they don't fax unless it's an emergency... MEPS is already becoming a hassle I just want to get it over with and get the FS

Well my recruiter suggested getting a current letter from my doctor stating I have no problems from the injury. I asked several times if the x-ray was needed and he told me they don't need the x-ray. I was told MEPS isn't picky about broken bones as long as range of motion stays the same. Hopefully the statement from the doctor will meet the requirements of MEPS. If it doesn't then I'll have to find the x-ray and have it mailed to MEPS.
Has your recruiter given you a time frame for a final select?

WEGL12

VT-28
Has anyone gone through MEPS yet or done the PRT?

Gstapes12: Did you get all your medical documents in order for MEPS?

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
I realize it's too early, but i'm still waiting for the first person to get their FS letter:D

gstapes12

BDCP FS Pilot
funny story with regards to my docs...

the hospital shipped them to my NRD but after a week they still hadn't been delivered and obviously I couldn't have them write a letter saying they didn't have them b/c they just shipped them. my recruiter couldn't push the paperwork through to meps until he had the docs from the hospital. got sick of waiting. i am interning this summer at NAS Pax River and my boss is a former TPS guy. He made one phone call to the flight surgeon (0-6) at TPS and after looking at my shoulder for 2 seconds he wrote me up a letter saying that I'm all good to go. Faxed the letter to the NRD and meps paperwork is filed. Hopefully going to bethesda (which is in maryland) otherwise i'm gonna haul up to chicago.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Has anyone gone through MEPS yet or done the PRT?

Gstapes12: Did you get all your medical documents in order for MEPS?

Hey dude,

I did the PRT on the 15th and passed. It's pretty easy if you've been working out and running regularly. I could have done more pushups and crunches but my OR told me to stop when I had gotten to 52 pushups (GL) and 65 (GL) crunches. I did the 1.5 mile run in 10:24, which is a GH. The minimums are 47 pushups, 58 crunches and 1.5 mile run in under 12:00.

ridgerunner

I know this post is little late, but...

Pro Rec'd Pilot DA and NFO DA(alternate) on June 28th, 2010

27 years old / male / 9 years active duty on submarines

I still don't have FS letter or any idea when I might be classing up. I imagine the letter will be here soon though.

WEGL12

VT-28
Hey dude,

I did the PRT on the 15th and passed. It's pretty easy if you've been working out and running regularly. I could have done more pushups and crunches but my OR told me to stop when I had gotten to 52 pushups (GL) and 65 (GL) crunches. I did the 1.5 mile run in 10:24, which is a GH. The minimums are 47 pushups, 58 crunches and 1.5 mile run in under 12:00.

Joebayo,

I am not worried about passing the PRT; I am just waiting to take it. My recruiter will not let me take it until I go through MEPS. Apparently my recruiting district always does the PRT after MEPS because of liability reasons. So I am waiting for MEPS to process my medical documents. It has taken longer than I thought it would. My medical history was submitted last Monday and they still have not reviewed it. I am hoping to go through MEPS next Thursday or Friday. My recruiter did confirm that the background check started last week, which is good news. According to my recruiter, if I complete MEPS and the PRT by August 1st I should have the final select in hand by September 1st at the latest.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor

Joebayo,

I am not worried about passing the PRT; I am just waiting to take it. My recruiter will not let me take it until I go through MEPS. Apparently my recruiting district always does the PRT after MEPS because of liability reasons. So I am waiting for MEPS to process my medical documents. It has taken longer than I thought it would. My medical history was submitted last Monday and they still have not reviewed it. I am hoping to go through MEPS next Thursday or Friday. My recruiter did confirm that the background check started last week, which is good news. According to my recruiter, if I complete MEPS and the PRT by August 1st I should have the final select in hand by September 1st at the latest.

Alright man, good luck with the MEPS, hopefully no issues... you'll be fine.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
I know this post is little late, but...

Pro Rec'd Pilot DA and NFO DA(alternate) on June 28th, 2010

27 years old / male / 9 years active duty on submarines

I still don't have FS letter or any idea when I might be classing up. I imagine the letter will be here soon though.

Alright mustang! Congrats!

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
I was a pro-reject for the June Boards.... congrats to those who got the selects! Solid stats from all of you all...

And for any of you that got the disappointing words: Never say die! Keep on applying! Service in the military as an officer (or in any way) is an amazing privilege to be able to do.
Hey, HUGE congrats on getting a slot with an F-16 unit. Honestly, that was one of my considerations. Do you mind saying which unit it's at? Did you get an alternate or were you their first choice? What were your stats (AFOQT, PCSM)? What do you think got you the slot?

I bet you're pretty stoked.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Just found out I didn't get selected for June. :(
So it looks like I'm joining the rest of the world at the September Boards. Congrats to everybody who got selected.