• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards 2010

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
Wow! That's great, Lucy. Thanks for sharing.

Well, If those are the acceptance averages, I am probably good to go. My OAR is almost dead on to the average, and while my GPA is low (3.08), I have the positives (leadership/management experience, I'm a runner, and my references from my employers, officers and the Admiral).

I'm feeling pretty good about this, and I imagine so are you.

Lucy

Ya, it is nice to see the numbers. Now I just have to make sure everything gets in. >< My deadline moved up a week and just finished my sf86 and had to resend LOR requests cause 3 of my LORS had not recieved them from the recruiter yet :-/ However, all I "have" to do is sign and be weighed/measured, which is scheduled for Wednesday morning. I am similar, my OAR is a little higher, GPA just barely below, 3.34/3.4(intel) 3.34/3.59(BDCP) (which is not the case, just my grades from abroad have not come in which would make it a 3.45 overall and a 3.79 for my current university) and while not an admiral I do have a mentor/friend who is an O-3 in USNR and the listed degrees include my primary and focus areas. I am just wanting to get everything in, the waiting won't be to difficult because summer classes start next week, but I am hoping for sure.

seafort- Planning on a resubmit if non-select?

Seafort

Absolutely planning to resubmit. And planning to until they tell me I'm too old to do so. I have a steady professional job, which I know puts me in a different category than other applicants.

About the only thing I can do is to take the ASTB again and try to score higher.

I've been told that overloading LORs can actually be a bad thing, because they begin to blur together, so I'm not sure if more LORs would help. I sent five to the board as it is. I'm too old to have any chance of taking more classes to up my GPA, but my last three semesters were 4.0, 4.0, and 3.4, and I sure hope that says something to the board about my change of behavior and my academic quality (given those were all upper division, senior level classes, and one graduate class).

Lucy

I'll be resumbiting also. I have until the Mar boards before BDCP becomes more difficult, but even if I don't get BDCP I am in this for the long haul. I will be able to resubmit for Sep/Oct(whenever the board is) because of the large GPA change. After that I'll re-do the ASTB(damn math). If non-select at that point I might finish my studies early(3 majors, primary is taking me to Mar 12, but I could finish the other two by June 11 if needed) mostly because of income. I should have 6 LOR's total, 3 work, 1 O-3, 2 school. I had heard that too, but have Intel insider saying the diversity in LOR's is important so I took that approach. Wanted an interview but with the deadline change it didn't work out.

Lucy

jlil41

I don't know if you guys noticed but on the FY11 info there were not July boards scheduled for SWO, NFO or SNA. I don't see how some recruiters have all this different information.

Seafort

Well, we talked about this. If there isn't one, then the package will be in for September. No idea why the ORs don't have the same info. Way above our paygrade, though I wish we knew.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
On the subject of SNA/SNFO/SWO Boards....those ARE canceled until September. I spoke with my processor who confirmed with her LT. It sucks, but keep on keeping on.

Again, two months ain't too long. More time to prepare.

BDCP-UWP

BDCP CEC

Male

School: University of Wisconsin-Platteville
Major: Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 3.0

Extracurriculars: Fraternity President, Vice President, United Greek Council Financial Manager, play intramural sports, assignment grader for engineering department.

High School: Captain of wrestling team 2 years, Scholar Athlete 4 years, Captain football team 1 year.

LORs: Prior submarine enlisted/ co-worker, 2 professors (One is a 23yr Army reservist), High school teacher/wrestling coach, Automotive high school teacher

Motivational statement: Strong, I think.

PRT: Within the next few weeks
MEPS: Within the next few weeks
Interview: OR told me I really impressed the LT whom I interviewed with and that I received excellent scores.

Seafort

I'd be happy to look over your motivational statement, in case you want someone to do so. My current position is as a JHS English teacher, and I have a lot of experience, (co-editor of academic journals and newspapers, as well as having a degree in English).

Going kinda back to what I was saying earlier to Lucy; this is why I believe those of us on AW have better selection chances: we help each other. Plenty of people helped me with my ASTB given that I am not a technical person. I would be happy to help people who think that their writing may not be up to snuff. It is what I do for a living...

Marmoset: when do you think that will make it to those of us in the Pacific? Because I still haven't been told anything, and neither has my OR (he's an hour ahead, in Guam).

Lucy

I agree seafort. I aid in the moto statement thread for a lot of the same reason. Only a minor in English, not a degree. Spelling is a killer. :-D Plus my school requires almost a full year of Brit lit for a major and no thank you!

Support makes all the difference in OCS and after so I hear.

Lucy

aukonak

This was posted on the NYUSN blog, post from May 5.

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOUR APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED AND COMPLETED BY 25 JUNE OR ELSE YOU WILL NOT ATTEND OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL UNTIL LATE 2011.

Is this true? That anyone selected in boards this fall onwards will have to wait a year to attend OCS?

fjd24

Flight time is good time...
pilot
I am applying for the July boards and am currently having some issues with my online SF-86. I am hoping you folks can help!

After filling out 95% of my SF-86 online two weeks ago I am now attempting to log on to finish the rest of it. When I type in my username and pin, I am getting an "unknown" message and no access. Is this normal? Please don't tell me I lost everything I have already entered. The only info that I did not completely have were some contact addresses for my references.

Lucy

Just a comment on the OCS dates. From the threads it seems that most people getting OCT dates were from the Jan/Feb/Mar boards. if going to OCS in Oct that is a (based on FEB) 8 month wait, so selects from Sep might not have a year wait, but 8 months would put them into the May area for OCS, which is almost that beginning of fy12, the tail end of fy 11. So it would be reasonable to think the selects from Oct/Nov would not be in until fy12, however that is summer, not late 2011, unless he meant late fy11, then that would seem to be correct.