• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards 2010

aukonak

I was just told today by my OR that there are July boards for SNA. I'm a little worried because the NORS Commander in the same office had told me days before that June's were the last until this fall. Wow.

jlil41

Spoke with my OR again today and he said boards are as normal as far as he has heard, so I am going with that.

CenixOne

SNA FS, DA
Contributor
Seafort & Lucy, thanks for clarifying.. yeah thats a terribly long wait. jlil41, I'm liking the news!

Lucy

Edit- you have to at least be earning your degree to apply. Bdcp can let you apply up to 3 years before completion of your degree depending on your major, otherwise if you are within 12 months you can apply for direct spot.

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
Confirmation from my OR that my package has been sent on for processing. Now it's a waiting game.

jmavalos

Navy ocs boards

Fellow shipmates,

I have a question about the upcoming boards!.

I mailed in my package on May 17 of this year, I have not heard anything on what month board I am on. How can I find out when my board will convine or if it has already. Any information will be greatly appriciated.

LS2 Avalos,

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Fellow shipmates,

I have a question about the upcoming boards!.

I mailed in my package on May 17 of this year, I have not heard anything on what month board I am on. How can I find out when my board will convine or if it has already. Any information will be greatly appriciated.

LS2 Avalos,

Here this should be of some help to you. He is the guy in charge of your package. Give him a call and find out. Good Luck LS2!

http://www.usnavyocs.com/portal/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=68259&highlight=#68259

jmavalos

Much Thanks to you "twobecrazy", that was alot of help, now I am just hoping for a reply from him.. :)
Good looking out!

Lucy

Is it just me, or does this thread seem rather devoid of applicant info, considering most deadlines are this week? Seemed the case for the June thread too...wouldn't think there would be a huge change considering how many people were in for May.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
I'm back in fellas,

INTEL/SUPP/SWO (needed something). HELLOOOOOOO RESTRICTED LINE!

Let's hope this is the last. If not, well...September is only two months away.

Just to recap:

26/M

53 5/6/5

Tulane University History UGPA 3.41 cum laude
Tulane University History GGPA 4.00

Couple of academic scholarships.
Congressional Medal of Honor Researcher, Lecturer and Grant Recipient.

New Orleans Americorps Alum -->1700 hours of educational non-profit research/management/logistics

LORs:
- 2x Employer
- 2x Professors
- Undercover Lieutenant/Army Vet
- O-8 Army
- Relative who was with Bush 43.

Scholar, Athlete, Gentleman of Leisure.

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
My feeling is that the websites actually represent a small minority of applicants. If we went by just who was on AW/SB/USNOCS the board would only be getting like 20 or 30 applicants each month. In reality, according to statistics, it's usually more like 300 or 400 applicants per month, if I am reading the charts right...

Whether it pays or not to be "wired," I don't know, but I sure would like to see a poll on that. My gut feeling is that those of us who participate online probably do better in selection rates, but I have absolutely nothing to back that up beyond knowing that my package would be decidedly weaker without the online resources I was able to utilise.

Lucy

Ditto to that Seafort. It just seems to vary so much from month to month about how many people are connected.

BTW to all, nyusn.blogspot.com has recent board selection averages. Very enlightening and for me it was encouraging. Also, there are FY11 numbers which only matter so much, but still informative for those who take the time to figure it out.