• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GOUGE JPME Order of Courses??

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
Hi All,

I'm registering to do JPME via the Web Enabled method. I haven't been able to find any information on a recommended order of the three courses. Do I have to follow the order prescribed? In your opinion is it recommended to follow the order? Which course do you think is the hardest and most time consuming?

Background: I'm a new reservists off of active duty. My reserve squadron has some operational down time and I'm going to start JPME while the demand on my time is lower from the reserves. Could I start with the hardest course first while I have more time to dedicate to it? Do you recommend this? Other thoughts?

Thanks for the gouge!

-Ektar

subreservist

There is no connection between courses. They are all self-contained, so you don't have to be concerned with order. I did S&W, then JMO, and TSDM last. But it really doesn't matter and the NWC doesn't require you to take them in a certain order.

Which is "hardest" really depends on what you like or don't like. Obviously JMO is longest and S&W shortest, but that doesn't mean JMO is the "hardest". I don't care much for history, which made S&W a little bit of a pain for me. By the same token, the course is only as hard as the effort you put into it, so you could easily do just enough and pass. For JMO, I read just enough material to answer the questions and write my papers. But JMO has a group component, which could make it easier or harder depending on your professor and the group you're assigned to.

If you really have the time, I would probably do JMO first.

jagM3

I'm currently taking the JPME I courses through the web based program. I'm only an O2 and don't qualify to register as a reservist, but because I'm a GS14 in my civilian federal job I was able to apply that way. I hope I'll still be able to submit the completion certificates for each course for points.

BigRed389

None
I actually thought JMO was easiest...if you've ever done operational staff work at even a low level it should all be pretty easy to get familiar with. It absolutely is the longest course, but I didn't think it required much if any time thinking too hard about anything. I did the reading at a skimming/CTRL+F level and apparently "did great"...but then my group was mostly a bunch of Staff Corps/DCO Reservists with little/no operational background.

TSDM IIRC didn't have the most reading volume, but it was painful because most of the readings are written in bureaucratese.

S&W had the most volume of reading and what felt like the most writing. It pretty much felt like a history class with both the good and bad associated with it.

If you're doing it online, I think you pretty much get stuck with what's going to fit your calendar...

BackOrdered

Contributor
I started mine online and took TSDM. Its ok, but I'm not a fan of discussion board posting at all. I'd rather just write papers.