• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Joint Spouses

HalfBreed

None
Does anyone have any information about the Joint Spouses program? I can't find any documentation anywhere. I am interested in both Navy and Marine programs (if they exist).

robav8r

None
Contributor
. . . . . . . . . PLEASE do a search. This topic has been "discussed thoroughly" recently.

HalfBreed

None
I am aware of that recent thread and have read it. It has a lot of good stories from people and sage advice, but I was looking for some sort of navy instruction that would spell out exactly what I needed to do.

skittles215

I'm not sure if there is something that spells it out for you. I did find out that there was a dod policy that aided. Pretty much it's "We'll try our best" and that's as much as you're gonna get from your detailers/monitors. That's the answer straight across the board from everyone that I've asked including my OSO and a few other "insiders".

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
What specifically are you looking for? There numerous instructions for different parts of the issue. Co-location, child care, BAH, etc. Some fall under Navy policy, others DOD. Like I said in the other thread, the co-location policy really only exists for Enlisted. The rule there is that once you have spent a year in your current command, you can request co-location with your spouse. Same "geographic location," which may or may not mean same base. I don't know much of anything about the USMC side of it.