• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

joining the navy reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-wing

I dont think this is possible, but just need to make sure.
Is it possible to join the Navy reserve as a pilot with no prior service time?

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
For a short while earlier this year it was. They were taking some SNAs to alleviate the overcrowding problem, but other than that no I don't think it is possible.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
thumbsdown3dd.jpg

saltpeter

After the BRAC list was released I would say any need for future manpower evaporated. However, the Air Guard will be more than happy to offer you a helo slot without prior experience.

ip568

None
My active duty P-3 squadron PPC did not join the Reserves and missed it. Several years later he tried to join and was turned-down. The Army then offered him a helo slot and sent him through Army helo school. Went O-3 (LT) to W-1 but stayed and really enjoyed it (finally made W-4).

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
ip568 said:
Went O-3 (LT) to W-1 but stayed and really enjoyed it (finally made W-4).
WTF? Why would anyone do such a thing? Sheesh - find a guard job somewhere as an AGR (active guard/reserve). Eventually you can find a flight slot, but why "demote" yourself intentionally? Army warrants are not commissioned officers like their Navy counterparts - they get their "warrant" from the Secretary of the Army (or at least that's how it used to work).

Pags

N/A
pilot
gregsivers said:
For a short while earlier this year it was. They were taking some SNAs to alleviate the overcrowding problem, but other than that no I don't think it is possible.

The VR slots were only open to people from certain year groups...02/03 I believe. But the people who got those VR slots didn't know that it was an option until they were already active duty officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.