• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

joining the military = selfish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownshoe

Contributor
This discussion is worthless without pictures of the female friend.

Okay, pictures now we're talkin'! I'm gonna get some more beer... be right back.:)

All kidding aside my young friend... like another forum member (A4's) said many months ago. Being in the service is a 'calling' it ain't a job. (Or in similar words.):) In other words, if this is what you want to do, then maybe this woman isn't right for you.

At any rate, good luck to you. And if you want to know about naval aviation... well you've happened to find the right place.

Steve

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So let me get all philosophical and throw a little Immanuel Kant your way. Which advice would make a better universal law? Everyone comes up with reasons to not serve, and expects others to fill in for them? Or everyone clamors to volunteer for the few available slots given out?

The more universalizable one, is the more moral choice. At least according to the Categorical Imperative.
glasses.gif

Or put it this way: "Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends."

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Joining the military is an important and serious decision about weighing the benefits and the detriments and deciding if it's right for you, whether it's enlisting or joining a commissioning program. It is FAR from selfish. You are going to raise your right hand and say "I'll go. Pick me" during a time of war, and you should be proud of that.

Tell your "female friend" to shut her pie-hole and go make you a danish.

Status
Not open for further replies.