• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

John Kerry on YouTube

red_stang65

pilot
I'm with Goober on where the Honorable Mr. Kerry (respecting the position) was directing his criticism. Additionally, his effort to clarify his point, and use the opportunity to dispel fears of it being directed at the troops, were left wanting after the press conference this afternoon.

Did anyone who watched the conference hear the press agent ask, "Do you need to go to joke school?" Sounds like there might be two candidates in that room.

squirt

I like him a hell of a lot more than what we have got. Afterall, if you are really "for the troops," you wouldnt send them to a war based on lies in the first place.

But hey, our strategy in Iraq was never "stay the course" right?

=

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
I like him a hell of a lot more than what we have got. Afterall, if you are really "for the troops," you wouldnt send them to a war based on lies in the first place.

But hey, our strategy in Iraq was never "stay the course" right?

I always like how the fact that Kerry voted in favor of going into Iraq always seems to get overlooked. Don't even start with the "We were lied to." bit. The Democratic leadership had access to the same information that President Bush had and they still voted in favor of going into Iraq. If this war was based on lies then maybe we need to vote all of them out of office and get some people who aren't so gullible.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are we SERIOUSLY going to get into this again? Dead horses = locked threads.

Birdman

Not to muddy the issue.... but I don't know why you all think that he only insulted the enlisted troops.... I heard no such distinction. The contempt displayed by the Distinguished Senator from Massachusetts was directed at the Commander in Chief (by his own admission). The comment included all who serve in the military and in particular, those who serve in Iraq.

It sounded like it was particularly targeting people without degrees.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
I am now convinced Kerry is a tool of the republican party. Just shut up, guy. Your party stands to gain a majority of house and senate seats- WITHOUT YOU trying to sabotage the fvcking thing. No political sense whatsoever. Another perfect example of why dems are always big losers. Idiots. If it was not him it would have been another one of them.

~breaking news ~ Kerry apologizes. ~breaking news ~ I'm going to go throw up now:eek:

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's interesting... she is listed as a Naval Officer in CNN.com's story.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/11/01/kids.taped.ap/index.html

"Vincent was a four-year naval officer at the time and worked at the Jacksonville Naval Air Station. She completed her service and was discharged in August, naval base spokesman Rick Cruz said."

They probably saw her rank was a Petty Officer and thought she was an officer, I have seen that mistake several times.

Stubby

Ask the Chief
It sounded like it was particularly targeting people without degrees.
Only to someone with a degree who doesn't want to be lumped in with those without a degree. This the only forum I've seen that is making that distinction.

Incidentally, if you buy Senator Kerry's explanation that the comment was targeted at the President (whom does hold a couple of degrees), it seems rather apparent that he was in no way specifically targeting those without degrees.

Carno

Insane
Only to someone with a degree who doesn't want to be lumped in with those without a degree. This the only forum I've seen that is making that distinction.

Incidentally, if you buy Senator Kerry's explanation that the comment was targeted at the President (whom does hold a couple of degrees), it seems rather apparent that he was in no way specifically targeting those without degrees.

Kerry wasn't targeting anyone in the military, however he said it without thinking what it could mean. Kerry specifically said if you don't study and don't do well then you go to Iraq. It's easy to draw the conclusion that those who don't study and don't do well in school don't get degrees, therefore it could be deduced that it would be more offensive to enlisted personnel.

Honestly though, that's neither here nor there. Kerry said a dumb thing and put his foot in his mouth. The only response it got from me was a roll of the eyes, and in my opinion that's about the strongest response it should get. Why bother getting your panties in a bunch over a lame attack made by some politician? If you are offended by this, you made it a point to be offended.