• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jogger run over by plane (you can't make this stuff up!)

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
My grandfather landed a plane on the beach at some Navy base back in the day... couple sailors help dig his mains out and then takes back off. (im sure there was a little explaining, while whatever got fixed) None the less. The times, they are a changing

Will_T

Will_T
This guy was a father of 2, I feel bad for his family. It must have been a horrible scene. I can't imagine a plane crashing down on me while I'm out for a jog.
Poor guy.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From the article:

"Even with oil smeared on the windshield, Schiavo says the pilot should have been able to see through a small window on the side of the plane and possibly yell out to anyone below."

Good gravy. My opinion of the NTSB just went down a notch. Not just Monday-morning quarterbacking, but RIDICULOUS Monday-morning quarterbacking. Yell out the window Ace Ventura-style into 85-100 knot windblast when you're doing a LAPL to the beach with an oil-coated windscreen? WTFO? That's absurd.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
From the article:

"Even with oil smeared on the windshield, Schiavo says the pilot should have been able to see through a small window on the side of the plane and possibly yell out to anyone below."

Good gravy. My opinion of the NTSB just went down a notch. Not just Monday-morning quarterbacking, but RIDICULOUS Monday-morning quarterbacking. Yell out the window Ace Ventura-style into 85-100 knot windblast when you're doing a LAPL to the beach with an oil-coated windscreen? WTFO? That's absurd.

Yeah, me thinks there is probably a reason Schiavo is former NTSB. . . . I saw the same shit and couldn't believe it.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
How do you get run over by a plane which flies in the air

The same way you somehow ask a VERY STUPID question without reading the article which spurred the thread. Actually, they aren't related in any way whatsoever. Oh well.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Was about to go for a run around the neighborhood, but seeing as how I live near the approach end of rwy 17 at KPNS, I think I'll now stay in and drink a beer instead.