• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jobs in Jacksonville

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Little out of sorts posting over here, but i'll give it a shot.

My fiance and I are planning a move to Jax in 3 or 4 months after we tie the knot prior to me going to the RAG, and she's looking for a job down there in the Aerospace industry sans luck right now. She's working for an aerospace firm in Northern Virginia right now, and hoping to continue in the industry down in Jax if possible. If not, she's not really sure what she's going to get into. Open question for any of the ladies (and gents) in here, but what kind of job opportunities do you know of in the Jacksonville area, especially in Aerospace or Federal Employment.

Thanks for the help!

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Little out of sorts posting over here, but i'll give it a shot.

My fiance and I are planning a move to Jax in 3 or 4 months after we tie the knot prior to me going to the RAG, and she's looking for a job down there in the Aerospace industry sans luck right now. She's working for an aerospace firm in Northern Virginia right now, and hoping to continue in the industry down in Jax if possible. If not, she's not really sure what she's going to get into. Open question for any of the ladies (and gents) in here, but what kind of job opportunities do you know of in the Jacksonville area, especially in Aerospace or Federal Employment.

Thanks for the help!

Have her send a resume to Kaman Aerospace

http://www.kamanaero.com/careers/aerostructuresemployment.html

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
This site is pretty good for aviation jobs. There is a one time fee to post a resume, but you can just get the contact info from the job openings if that's not something you're interested in. You can also go to the base Fleet and Family Support center. Try NADEP, Customs, and Cecil Field also. Cecil has a lot of aviation jobs, but I don't know a website for them. Take a drive out there.

http://www.aviationemployment.com/job-listings/

This is for COJ jobs.
https://hrats2.coj.net/pls/atsp/ats_app.home.job_openings

My wife went through an employment agency, and got a really good job while we were stationed there. The one she used specialized in accounting and finance, so that probably wouldn't help you. However, they may have some that specialize in aviation industries.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
I should mention she's not in the engineering side of Aerospace, she's a subcontracts admin/manager.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
There should be a lot of contractor positions over at the NADEP depot......

brownshoe

Contributor
Jax

Brett,

I’ve sent you a copy of an e-mail I’d received from a friend in JAX. After reading your post I sent her a message. Anyway… “You’ve got mail!” :) Leanne is the granddaughter of an old friend, and her husband is Navy. She and I are very close. Just give her a shout. She's expecting your call.

BTW... How's POPs? Saw Walter last Saturday.

Steve

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
Thanks steve, I read your PM before I checked the board. I'll have my she-devil shoot her an email or give her a call. Pops is fine, the tough old bird is looking forward to making the trip down from Hagerstown to Annapolis for my wake/wedding.

Cabbage

None
Here are some more aviation employers:
Northrop Grumman- St. Augustine
Alenia- Jax (new C-27J factory opening soon)
Pegasus Tech- Green Cove Springs

Plus a lot more up at Cecil field

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
She's looking at NGC in St. Augustine to stay in company, but they have hiring policies that bewilder me. I guess never having searched for a real job I have no clue how it works.